QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Bent the arial on a country road , now it wont reract

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrali

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:13    Post subject: Bent the arial on a country road , now it wont reract Reply with quote

Hi Guys

Only a little twisty road from were we keep our horses both me and an oncoming 4x4 had to hug the edge of the road as we went past each other. The trees and hedges bent my aerial a bit. I twisted the segments aound so it looks straighter but it doesnt fully retract. If I push it the rest of the way manually it you can feel the motor pulling it. It raises perfectly. Does it need to relearn when to stop, or is it stuffed. If so I'll try to get an windscreen aerial.

It nearly happened again the other day, but I tried to lower the aerial instead of focusing on the oncoming car......not recommended.  Embarassed
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:13    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DYLAN

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one from a local car spares, it was the same kind with live earth and the 2 switch wires, It was priced at 45 quid when i told him i wasn't paying that much he came back telling me it was old stock so could do it for 25, Needless to say i snapped his arm off, I needed to bend the fixing bracket a bit to accomadate it but i honestly think the top screw on thread would hold it anyway. so it might be worth a look in your local spares shops. got to be same wiring if you want an easy fix.

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
scouse_exile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 13:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing happened to me. For the life of me I can't understand why they put the aerial on the nearside! Anyway I have just ordered a stick on windscreen aerial, so that'll be this weekend's little project.

1995 3.1L Lotus Bighorn
chrali

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

scouse_exile wrote:
Same thing happened to me. For the life of me I can't understand why they put the aerial on the nearside! Anyway I have just ordered a stick on windscreen aerial, so that'll be this weekend's little project.

Cool, where did you get that from then and how much?
Topvaux
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree - whoever decided to put the aerial on the nearside must have been off on one at the time. You can quite simply change the mast, you don't need the whole thing. About £25 I think - I bought one quite recently - and they are cheaper from Isuzu than Vauxhall in this instance. Just undo the chrome annular nut, raise the aerial and it will spit the old one out, swtch aerial to "down" and feed the new one in and replace the annular nut again. About 5 minutes.
Philp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh yes, but in most countries it will be on the offside, theres only a few countires left like us and Japan that drive on the left.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Topvaux
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaah no! On LHD models it's on the other side, so it always gets dragged through the hedgerows! (Except we are one of the few countries that have hedgerows, too!)
Philp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 17:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

so the answer is to swap front wings with a LHD model LOL

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Topvaux
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, there's a plan! LOL!
siweb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

That happened to me twice (thought would have learned the 1st time Laughing ) so now fitted a rubber one.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrali wrote:
scouse_exile wrote:

Cool, where did you get that from then and how much?

I ordered it from CPC here

1995 3.1L Lotus Bighorn
chrali

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I expected a neat little box and a wire , what window are you putting it on?

It doesnt make sense putting the aerial on the ns wing, given that the Japan also drives on the left... I also cant imaging that they put it there coz they planned to take over the US market !

I'll probably replace the mast - I dont like the idea of have an electric aerial that doesnt work, or a button that mustn't be used.

Sad but true  Very Happy
Peej
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrali wrote:
Laughing I expected a neat little box and a wire , what window are you putting it on?

It doesnt make sense putting the aerial on the ns wing, given that the Japan also drives on the left... I also cant imaging that they put it there coz they planned to take over the US market !

I'll probably replace the mast - I dont like the idea of have an electric aerial that doesnt work, or a button that mustn't be used.

Sad but true  Very Happy

I know that feeling! If it's there it's gotta work! Very Happy

LTM 24
scouse_exile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrali wrote:

Just got it this morning, the photo doesn't do it justice. It's only about 12 inches long and it will stick to the windscreen using the supplied double sided tape, just behind the mirror. Running the cable back to the radio will be the "interesting part"   Rolling Eyes

1995 3.1L Lotus Bighorn
chrali

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 16:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

scouse_exile wrote:
chrali wrote:

Just got it this morning, the photo doesn't do it justice. It's only about 12 inches long and it will stick to the windscreen using the supplied double sided tape, just behind the mirror. Running the cable back to the radio will be the "interesting part"   Rolling Eyes

Have you fitted it yet and how well does it work?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: