4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

What would you buy?????

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Non-Isuzu technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goony

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 22:53    Post subject: What would you buy????? Reply with quote

Hi All this is my 1st post on here so hello to you all

I would like to buy a 4x4 that fits my requirments which are as follows

its gotta be BIG REALLY BIG with loads of boot space the bigger the better

gotta be a turbo deisel

reasonable on fuel

realiable and cheap to maintain

auto box preffered but not eccential

comfy to drive

and cost under £3000

it doesnt have to be an ISUZU it can be any make so dont be biased if it was you buying a motor like this what would you be looking at and WHY??

regards  goony
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 22:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

goony

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats up??? 36 of you have looked at this thread and none have said buy an isuzu?? or anything else??
dont you rate the trooper?? HAVE YOU NEVER OWNED ANOTHER 4X4 TO COMPARE IT TOO??

come on guys spill the beans Shocked

goony
DYLAN

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking you need a milk float. loads of space very cheap to run just plug in over night. Milkmen seem to like them so they can't be to uncomfortable. auto box applies, bet you could get one for under £3000 these days as we all get milk from the supermarket but i'm sorry it ain't a turbo diesel. No seriously for that money you are looking at a late model 3.1 troop or you might get an early 3.0 Mpg = 20-27 ish If nothing goes wrong big style they are cheap enough to maintain even though they need regular ish services. To be honest if you want a 4x4 you pay 4x4 prices for fuel ect. with a £3000 budget you will get more bang for your buck with a trooper. Anything else you need to know about the troop there are some very knowledgable diesel guy's in here i run a 3.2 petrol with a gas connversion so i am not the best man to be telling you about diesels..
Good luck with your search. All the best. Hope you took the milkfloat thing in the manner it was intended,,, Just for fun:D  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
mutlley

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

i read this post when first posted.what did you want us to say "buy a landrover disco."

what did you want from an isuzu trooper forum..........................a honda!

its not a milk float you need, or a '4x4' i suggest you go out and buy a smart car, or an estate!

people didnt reply because if you where your serious about a trooper,  you would have worded your question better.

by the way. welcome to the forum. we try not to mess about to much. a bit like the isuzu trooper/bighorn.

Very Happy
goony

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 22:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO I WANT YOU TO BE HONEST??  after your time owning an ISUZU would you buy another one or buy somthing else??
I have a 525 BMW now but I did have a MUSO and although the bmw is a truelly great car i dont find it fun to drive and i want another diesel so i can run on veg oil to save both cash and the planet and its got to have a big boot for my RC aeroplanes its as simlple as that really

goony
Grandad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also have read this post but i can`t help you make up your mind about what you should buy as i  can`t make up my own mind.  if i need to make up my mind i ask the missus and she does it for me so i`m passing on her advice

BUY AN ISUZU 3.1 TD LWB
mutlley

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 22:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok. sorry.

yes i would buy another trooper. good on fuel, nice to drive,seats seven, tows like a goodun and this is someone who always wanted a landrover.

had my bighorn for five years, its a nice motor, does what it says on the tin. and then it always seems to do a bit more.

after five years the only thing i have done to my bighorn is new cambelt/new exhaust, and of course a service.(or 2).

they are a good tool.

and yes, if i could afford, my other car would be a big bm.

not sure weather to use veggie oil. thats up to you.

sorry if my 1st post came accross as sharp.
goony

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

you speak of the trooper and big horn as if they are the same i was led to believe that they were different is it just the specs or the enguine too??

goony
gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 23:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a 3.1 lwb on a 95 plate, cost me £1500 now got 154000 miles on it and has taken some abuse. If i were to buy another 4x4 yes i'd get another trooper, i've got mates with discos and defenders etc, in terms of comfort it's that bit nicer, it holds the road nicely and is a pleasure to drive. I work at BMW and to be honest some days i love getting in the trooper to drive home (48 mile round trip), it's a good honest, comfortable vehicle to drive, does what i ask of it on and off road, yes i've had issues with reliability but it gets used a lot off road and abused a bit.
In terms of fuel consumption i can't comment as mines bad due to work i've done to it but there's no reason normally you wouldn't get 25 to 30 mpg. 4x4's aren't great on fuel no matter what it is, they are a big vehicle.
they do need regular services at 4000 miles ish but so would most other big diesel 4x4.
Parts can be a little steep but there's places like Milners that are very reasonable on price so that cuts costs down.
Space wise the boot is quite good, when i take the extra 2 seats out in the back it frees up more space and the other seats fold up out of the way for bigger stuff.
that is my honest opinion, just to back that up a mate is currently looking for a defender, for £3000 you don't get much, mine was half that price but more then twice the vehicle!!

I'm done!  Very Happy
mutlley

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

same but different. troopers seem to be english speck. bighorns jap speck.

my 1995 bighorn is better specked than a 95 trooper, has done less miles, and seems to be in an all round better condition than a 95 british speck trooper. but they are the same car. jap speck cars seem to have more toys and done less miles, but or classed as grey imports.
goony

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 23:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

do they cost more to insure???

goony
mutlley

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

no. shop around. saying that, if you have 14 points and been done for D/D. mine cost about £400 all in my bighorn (grey import) and i bet i could get it cheaper.
goony

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey mutley do you know that if you get a speeding ban ie 30 over the limit you will get as 28 day ban but you get a clean licence back??

goony
DYLAN

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 0:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

goony wrote:
hey mutley do you know that if you get a speeding ban ie 30 over the limit you will get as 28 day ban but you get a clean licence back??

goony

I think you will find you end up with an sp and whatever code applies that stays on your license for 5 years. people with 10 points or so would shoot round at 30+ speed limit, book a holiday for a fortnight an walk for the other fortnight if that applied. Very Happy

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
goony

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

your right they would and they do i got done on my bike for 113mph in a 60 got a 56 day ban and no points as the ban wipes out the points and a fine of £350

steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Non-Isuzu technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: