QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

new trooper owner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brianduff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:59    Post subject: new trooper owner Reply with quote

hi new trooper owner and just had the dreaded blow up. driving along the road car throttle seem to stick on.  Even after switching off car still revved head off. in garage now and mechanic (although not isuzu )reckonds it needs new seals on the injectors. He does not know that isuzu seems to have history of this (i only found out last night when i was doing some research) any idea what else it could possibly need and i will pass this information on.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

TimBanham
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give IM a ring with your VIn number and they should be able to help as they will tell you if recall work had been done or not and may well sort it out for you
brianduff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:42    Post subject: maybe sorted Reply with quote

TimBanham wrote:
Give IM a ring with your VIn number and they should be able to help as they will tell you if recall work had been done or not and may well sort it out for you

gave them a ring and all sounds good im were really helpfull. more than could be said for isuzu garage. but what the heck if it gets done for free three weeks wait will be worth it
brianduff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:08    Post subject: Re: maybe sorted Reply with quote

well still not got car back from isuzu dealer. wonder if anyone can tell me if the engine would still go if sleeve was in wrong way round? Before car went into isuzu dealer it was running. isuzu dealer insist the car was a none starter. Feel heavy bill trying to materialise
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the engine has failed due to "oil dilution" (ie picking up and running on sump oil as described) then this should be covered by Isuzu... ALL cases I can see posted here have been done as a goodwill gesture.

No garage should carry out work and land you with a big bill without authorisation from the person paying the bill!  I would carefully read thru the posts online here and take note of how Isuzu have handled the cases. Also the garage should be pushing for a new engine etc on your behalf.. if not change dealer now! (Cotswold Isuzu have THE BEST reputation in the UK!)
brianduff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

isuzu international were very good chris and said repairs would be carried out free of charge. Just wish dealer was a bit more helpful. If and when i get car back i will be taking it to one of the forums recomended dealers up here in scotland. Ps going to phone garage just now so will let you know outcome. thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: