All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Safety recall faulty injectors now no car

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heatrac

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:30    Post subject: Safety recall faulty injectors now no car Reply with quote

Took my car to local dealer.  Oil contaminated.  Replaced injectors.  Engine blew up.  Car now stranded on ramp at dealer for last five weeks.  They are not accepting liability and are waiting for authorisation from IM.  Phoned IM who say because my car is an import it is not on their database and therefore they cannot ok the work.  But they sent me the recall notice???  Where do I stand?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

TimBanham
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly sorry to hear of your bad news

Secondly I would have thought that if they sent you a recall notice then they have already accepted liability - maybe a quick visit to Trading Standards to check
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is normal practice for the dealer to need authorisation... however the better dealers usually get this pushed thru in a few days. I would be speaking with Isuzu Internationl directly and putting (polite) pressure on them.

OR speak with Cotswold Isuzu who have processed import motors before and always seem to plese their customers.
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo - almost forgot... Isuzu UK should be able to put you in touch with Isuzu Europe / International who should then get the OK for work to be done.
heatrac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 19:32    Post subject: Re: Safety recall faulty injectors now no car Reply with quote

Thanks guys.  Spoke to Trading Standards.  Faxed letter yesterday to IM UK and Europe with various threats and pleads the final one stating that I was going to take a trip out to Japan, picket outside HQ and charge them for all my expenses.  Anyway I think I scared them as the dealer phoned today, yes she actually called me (never done it before) and, after I had picked myself of the floor, she informed me that the elusive sacred warranty number had come through she has therefore ordered the parts which means I should be reunited with my lovely beast late next week!  

Positives taken from this experience is that they gave me the smallest courtesy car in the world (Subaru Justy) smaller than a go-cart, no respect from others on the road - cyclists cut me up, always the loser on a mini-roundabout stand off and every pedestrian walked out in front of me - totally new experience of driving!  Thanks again.  Rachel
markymoan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
they gave me the smallest courtesy car in the world (Subaru Justy) smaller than a go-cart, no respect from others on the road - cyclists cut me up, always the loser on a mini-roundabout stand off and every pedestrian walked out in front of me

Sorry
Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear another happy ending tho! They might take a bit of pushing but in the end Isuzu are still looking after cars long after many manufacturers would have given up!
tommo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 15:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rachel
well done for not letting them dictate this situation...enjoy your reunion with the beast!!
heatrac

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 20:14    Post subject: Blooming Cheek! Reply with quote

Oh no my saga continues.  Spoke to dealer today who said that hopefully car would be ready for tomorrow.  My man has just driven to see a mate and saw a Trooper remarkably similar to ours.  In fact it was ours, parked up outside someones house.  He has taken a photo as no-one is answering the door at the house.  I want to go and get it.  They would have to report it stolen!  Let Tileys (the dealer) try and explain that one?  What would you do??
markymoan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would swing on the side of someone has driven it home to make sure its running right before handing it back to you tomorrow, but i stand to be corrected  Confused

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can they do that?  Is my car insured to stand half on a pavement outside a house in a not so nice area? Evil or Very Mad
markymoan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt think its common practice to keep it overnight at home, but yes they should be insured fully comp on any car they drive.

Ps. its still not right  Sad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked It is totally not right which is why the devil in me wants to sneak over in the dead of night and pinch my car, drive it back to the garage park it up and be a fly on the wall while they try and work out what happened! Laughing
lotus
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it is common practice been in the motor industry over 10 years and after we do a big job we usually carry out an extended road test to make sure everything is ok.  And yes your car is covered fully under the dealers trade policy normally they do contact the owner just to inform them on the vehicle moment in case they see the vehicle.
markymoan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

So not common practice to take it home and not tell the owner  Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: