Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

coolant problems in 3.1 trooper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldnick

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 14:51    Post subject: coolant problems in 3.1 trooper Reply with quote

Help! guardian angel required. I own a 93 trooper citation 3.1 td.
The vehicle originally overheated because of gunge in system, pressure tested, had new pipes, radiator,stat and head gasket. After a few miles of use engine overheated again, gunge yet again in a waterpipe, not picked up by garage. Pressure tested again, new headgasket recond injectors etc. Vehicle used for a few more miles, coolant from rad being pushed into overflow tank. Garage takes responsibility and fits new cylinder head and gasket. The mechanic shows me slight scoring in one pot before finishing job. Vehicle driven a few miles, does not overheat, runs very smoothly, starts first time, pulls well but there is still air or gas pressurising the pipe between the stat and the radiator causing bubbling in the overflow tank. The head and gasket cannot of blown again in such a short distance . Could the scoring cause this problem or is there something magical which will put me out of my misery.
Nickalign=left]javascript:emoticon('Evil or Very Mad')
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 14:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

I_n_K

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 15:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the stat stuck closed?

How few is a few miles?
Philp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be as simple as just air in the system finding its way out via the rad?

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
dxmedia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unscrew the pressure cap on the rad just a smidge - so it's still on, but not sealed. Go for a 10 mile steady drive and any air in the system should be out by then.

Make sure that your water level is OK before you go, and check once cooled down - just keep an eye on the gauge for anything silly happening though.

01553 845 945
oldnick

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all your suggestions I have tried bleeding the system but the tiny bubbles still appear in the rad. The vehicle is not overheating but water is being pushed into the expansion tank. Is my vehicle terminal?
Dreading your replies Nick
dxmedia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing is ever terminal, although it might be worth getting a local garage to do a pressure test on the cylinders.

01553 845 945
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: