4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

she just died

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
terrysmr2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 18:30    Post subject: she just died Reply with quote

Hi all just went down to the shop today in my 1996 3.1 duty and as i pulled out off the junction and on to the main road she died no load bangs or funny noise's just stopped after pulling in i tried to start her up again but it seemed like there was no compression the engine turned over very easy and wouldnt fire anyone any ideas on this i see there are a lot of threads on dodgy imobilisers and i'm wondering if this might be the problem and hoping that its not anything worse  Sad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 18:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

dxmedia

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

The imobilser stops the starter from working.

Is there diesel getting to teh injectors (loosen one of the fuel lines and see if there is anything with the engine spinning over)

01553 845 945
Philp

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like when the timing belt on my Mazda snapped, just went dead on me halfway up the big hill out of high wycombe, no bang, no drama.  Turned over dead easy and really fast like there was no compression.   Has the belt been changed on time?

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
markymoan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Phil, deffo sounds like the timing belt  Sad

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to say it but i had my suspecions on the timing belt should never have taken the dealers word on when it had been changed now i'm just wondering how much damage it has caused  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad
Grandad

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

if its the timing belt and you are lucky it will have bent the pushrods and possibly broken a rocker
remove rocker cover then rocker shaft check push rods and rockers replace any that are damaged then fit new cambelt
wind it over by hand  good luck Wink
terrysmr2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 0:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the replies hopefully if the weathers good tomorrow i can get a start on it driving my father inlaws honda crv at the minute defo not the same as driving my trooper  Crying or Very sad  but hey beggers cant be chosers
terrysmr2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed  Just got the time to strip down the engine she's bent 3 rods seems i might be lucky . Now my only question is if i lock the cam cog in place and the fuel cog via the m8 bolts and align the crank at TDC will this sort it out or do i have to visually set the cam so that the 4th rockers are rocking and the fuel is on the first injector as i dont know wether these have moved or is one complete turn on the crank the same as one complete turn on both other cogs any help would be grateful
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

no you can just lock the pulley with the bolts and it will be ok
terrysmr2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers thought that just wanted to be sure of to get the pushrods tomorrow so all being well well have a puff of smoke and a running trooper tomorrow night lol you never miss somthing till its gone and i've missed my trooper  Sad
Philp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

A salutory lesson about changing the cam belt on time for us all.  Mines going to a mechanic friend to be changed along with the tensioners later this week as its due in less than 3K miles and its being MoT'd next week and then has a 2Kish round trip to France on 12th March loaded up with the usual pile of stuff.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
terrysmr2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to agree totally belt had done less than 40k acording to the writing on the airbox also the belt wasnt even dossed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: