2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3.0L Starting Headache !! Help

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
catchercase

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 15:32    Post subject: 3.0L Starting Headache !! Help Reply with quote

This is now causing me sleepless nights !!
My Trooper 3.0L 2000 yr is having starting problems! When cold (weather) it turns over but not a hint of starting eventualy in goes the easy start & she begrudgingly goes but runs like a stuffed pig stalling when revs drop & all the smoke you can think off . Finaly when warmish she will tick over as normal & run ok & start ok & no smoke (like brandnew) When the weather temp is not to cold she will start up after a lot of trying and very lumpy with smoke then all of a sudden calm down & all is well  Whats up with the Old Girl

This is what i have had done to date
All recalls have been done (injectors etc)
Correct oil changed
New fuel lines & fuel filter housing
New heater plugs (head having to come off all 4 plugs breaking on head)

Please can any one have any sugestions

Regards Simon
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 15:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

TimBanham
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 15:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would try oil pressure sensor initially - Similar symptoms to mine and this resolved it

This will need Tech2 computer (main dealer) to resolve but it should be a straight forward diagnosis assuming you have a decent dealer near by

Cheers

Tim

oh and welcome
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 15:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go with Tim on this one... tho its worth checking the oil strainer in the sump - this can be done by filling the oil to the max (5w30 grade) then adding a further two litres. If this cures the problem then the strainer is at fault. (dont forget to drain the extra out again!)
catchercase

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimBanham wrote:
I would try oil pressure sensor initially - Similar symptoms to mine and this resolved it

This will need Tech2 computer (main dealer) to resolve but it should be a straight forward diagnosis assuming you have a decent dealer near by

Cheers

Tim

oh and welcome

Thanks Chris & Tim you could be right  looks like iam going to be booked into The Isuzu Dealer
catchercase

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 17:01    Post subject: 3.0L starting Problems Continued !! Reply with quote

I have also forgot to mention  that on a few ocasions when ive got the engine started and is running @ tick over & very roughly some times the acelarator wont rev the engine until 20 seconda have passed & then ok !!!
Cheers Simon    Sad
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case its very likely it will be the sensor. I would get a dealer to check it over with a TECH2.

Gibsons @ Brock (nr Garstang) are good, they are an independant (ex-main dealer) for Isuzu and Subaru and still have all the tools and more importantly the time served mechanic!
AD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry i am no expert on 3.0l engine's but i have experence on easy-start, i have seen it bend conrods, brake piston rings blow head gaskets and engines do get addicted to it as it prematurley wears your engine out, and thats on industrial engines like perkins, deutz ect so using it on a sensitive, finely tuned engine like a 3.0l it could be fatal.
Try using a hot air gun (paint stripper type) directly up intake pipe i find it works better.

Sorry that im no help for your starting problem Sad
dxmedia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hummm easy start - a great way to wash the oil of the inside of your bored and shaft the engine Very Happy

01553 845 945
rallymarshall

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

we used to have a david brown tractor a twork that used to love easy start
it didnt last long before it died

65 vauxhall mokka 1.6cdti 4x4 se
66 vauxhall corsa vxr
eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

there go the injector tips!
catchercase

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 17:04    Post subject: 3.0L Starting Headache !! Help UPDATE !! Reply with quote

Hello everyone This is a update on my starting problems which are still current..My Girl has been to see the Isuzu doctor over Nr Ottley yorkshire (Isuzu dealers) Shewas booked in to have a  Diagnostic done & an oil sensor fitted But  the report was Sickening !!
I was told that the engine was very poorly with little compresion & not much could be done (head Mechanic ) My next movement was to sit down with ££££ signes going round in my head plus my heart beat iratic! BUT then in his next statment (head Mechanic)  "See the man behind the desk and he will sort me out with a NEW ENGINE UNDER WARRANTY" I couldnt belive my ears  Yes a new engine under warranty The old girl has to go back in March for the work to be done. Why March because they are busy fitting new engines to Troopers up to that date. Fantastic Isuzu i hold my cap to you
I will post another up date when the work has been done + Thanks to all who helped

Regards Simon Laughing  Razz  Very Happy
Peej
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done, what a relief. I would consider a 3.0 with this back up, but how long do they continue repairing this engine?

LTM 24
catchercase

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 17:32    Post subject: http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9905&star Reply with quote

They told me that Isuzu are doing the Warranty work from S reg Troopers onwards
Peej
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 18:04    Post subject: Re: http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9905& Reply with quote

catchercase wrote:
They told me that Isuzu are doing the Warranty work from S reg Troopers onwards

That would be when the3.0 was introduced, credit to them for still repairing vehicles of that age.

LTM 24
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moderation: Threads Merged - please use existing threads where possible

Congrats on the news! Its quite impressive how Isuzu have stood by their motors... that said if they didnt the Rodeo sales would have bombed!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: