2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Help!!!! I'm loosing coolant

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ads69

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:37    Post subject: Help!!!! I'm loosing coolant Reply with quote

Hi everyone! Can anyone help??? I've got a 94 trooper 3.1 T intercooler and for some reason i'm loosing coolant. I've checked all around and can see no drips from anywhere!!! It runs fine and has no loss of power, can anyone give me any pointers on what it could be?????
Thanks guys!!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:37    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Philp

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Head gasket?

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
lotustower

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coolant feed to the turbo can seep a bit and not be found.
AD

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, in middle of repairing head gasket on my tractor, it just kept loosing coolant when under heavy work.

To check fill back up with coolant take top off rad and check for bubbles while some one revs the engine up & down, if theres bubbles it's more than likley that youve got a blown head gasket.
Hope this is of some help.
dxmedia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much over how long?

Mine uses everything that's in the expansion tank over a month - it's due to teh rubber seal on the rad cap being slightly perished I recon (not head gasket) and loosing a tiny bit of water as steam every time the engine gets up to temp.

01553 845 945
Ads69

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:58    Post subject: loosing coolant.... found the problem=( Reply with quote

Thanks for all your help guys, had a good look round the engine yesterday, checked the oil.... guess what...... bloody water in the oil!!!!! So the gasket has gone!!! Was looking around for new gaskets online and came accross this product called steel seal(did a google search for head gaskets and it came up first!)looked at the reviews and spoke to the company, and it seems ok! should get the stuff today so i'll keep you all posted..... If it does what thay say then i've saved myself £200+, if it doesn't, just wasted £30!!!
dxmedia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

DO NOT USE IT.

Please, you'll do MORE damage than putting a gasket on. It's snake oil of the upmost degree.

Think about logically how it works, if the best situation it's going to plug a hole which is in the combusion chamber - and you think it will hold?

If it is stong enough to hold, you putting this stuff through your cooling system?

Cancel your order, buy a head gasket and increase the lift of your engine, not terminate it in a 1000 miles. If this stuff (and it will) fail, then the rebuild costs would be atronomical. How do you take a head off which has been sealed on with liquid metal? How do you clean out blocked cooling pipes internal in the engine block?  You can't. New engine.

There's a reason why people do things the way they have done for the past 150 years with engines. It's because there hasn't been a better solution -- if this glue worked don't you think that Ford / GM / Hyundi would be the first people to use due to lowing production costs?

Snake oil, very dangerous and expensive snake oil.

01553 845 945
:::Matski:::
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree dont use it m8 stick a gasket on yourself. Not a hard job on a 3.1 and will cost you about £50.
Suckin' Diesel Baby!

Peej
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid I would have to concur, it's not worth risking, I would rather do the job properly and have peace of mind. I'm very mistrusting of any of these miracle cures.

LTM 24
AD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I used a similar product in a industrial perkins engine fitted to a loading shovel, the engine had a porous block, it stopped the water getting into the oil.

Only for a week!!!! Shocked

It also blocked the radiator, causing the engine to overheat which *beeb*'d the engine Crying or Very sad
Rad cost £300 to fix & a new engine.

PLEASE DON'T USE IT
Ads69

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:52    Post subject: re:loosing coolant Reply with quote

Thanks to all for bringing me back to the real world!!!!! you are all right!!! Guess i got in a stress because i want to go and see my folks in York for christmas, not alot of spare cash..........and it's a long drive from Cornwall!!!! I'm off to get a haynes manual today and see if I can sort it myself!!! is it quite an easy job? anything you guys would advise i need to do from past exp? any help would be fab!!!! Thanx!!!!
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only thing I would say is to check you manifold bolts while it is out, they can be loosened whilst removing the head.

Oh and maybe get a mate to help lift it out. I lifted it out on my own and It's easy enough but is quite heavy and if you have a bull bar can put a strain on your back.

Other wise take your time and have a good look to make sure you have reconnected everything (label things with masking tape and a marker to avoid confusion Wink )
Suckin' Diesel Baby!

Peej
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:16    Post subject: Re: re:loosing coolant Reply with quote

Ads69 wrote:
Thanks to all for bringing me back to the real world!!!!! you are all right!!! Guess i got in a stress because i want to go and see my folks in York for christmas, not alot of spare cash..........and it's a long drive from Cornwall!!!! I'm off to get a haynes manual today and see if I can sort it myself!!! is it quite an easy job? anything you guys would advise i need to do from past exp? any help would be fab!!!! Thanx!!!!

LTM 24
Peej
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:19    Post subject: Re: re:loosing coolant Reply with quote

Ads69 wrote:

Err! I stuffed that up! As I mentioned elsewhere scratch You will have problems finding a Haynes manual for the 3.1, there are downloads in the technical section, they cover the 3.0 but there is some 3.1 bits in there.

LTM 24
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also the train is around £130 return I think....
Suckin' Diesel Baby!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: