4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Thrust bearing rattle?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
revor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:10    Post subject: Thrust bearing rattle? Reply with quote

Have got an intermittent noise from my 3.0 denver when stationary. When the vehicle has warmed up it is a rattle which goes away when I put my foot on the clutch, when the engine is cold it is more of a faint sch!! noise. Sometimes it does not do it. Every time I am anywhere close to an Isuzu dealership (and given their scarcity not often) sods law it is not doing it. Anybody got any idea on what the problem might be? I still have 3 months warranty left so could do with getting it sorted soon.
Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Philp

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its a thrust bearing its unlikely to be covered under the warranty as a clutch is a wear and tear item including the bearing.  The only thing that might be covered would be a mechanical failure like a broken release arm.  Have you checked the gearbox level as it could even be a noisy lay shaft in the box.  

I'd also check the exhaust to make sure its not got a broken mount or is rubbing/knocking on something.  Is it definitely from the gearbox area or could it be alternator/p/s pump/A/C compressor making some noise although that wouldn't explain it stopping when the clutch is pushed.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
revor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 0:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that I will look into those ideas. I have since been prompted that it might be a problem with the dual mass flywheel and I have read on another forum of someone with similar problems with a Toyota surf. Does the dual mass flywheel theory make sense?.
Thanks
309jamie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, i've got an 05 plate denver, on mine thrust bearing rattle you described, started after about 50,000 miles, so after persistance with the dealership they took it apart and it turned out to be the springs on the clutch plate itself, as dealerships tend to fob people off alot i inssisted on seein the clutch when apart, so i would think that could be your problem. Hope that helps. Smile
revor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 23:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get it covered under warranty if the springs went is that not a part failure as opposed to wear? Thanks for your reply
309jamie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 13:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for delay in reply, been away at work for two weeks. My pickup went in and the dealer stripped it, once the problem was found there was no question about whether it was warrenty, they agreed that it was a mechanical failure. I had a full new clutch pack fitted but i had to pay for the pressure plate which was around £150, I thought it was worth having a full new clutch at that stage. Done about four thousand miles since and it's been fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: