4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

4JB Trooper Engine (in Frontera) on BioDiesel?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rangaKoo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 20:27    Post subject: 4JB Trooper Engine (in Frontera) on BioDiesel? Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I've done a quick search and found so many mentions of BioDiesel on this site I thought that it would be endless trying to read all the threads.

My question is simple so thought I'd just ask.

Can the 4JB Trooper engine (out of a H reg Trooper) which is now fitted proudly in my Frontera run without any problems on proper BioDiesel?
I'm not talking the home made jobbies with veg oil but proper bio diesel from a supplier?

Is there any problems that I'm likely to face? I've also heard that there could be a problem depending on the type of fuel pump fitted, does anyone know 100% certain what my fuel pump will be on this model/year of engine?

Any advice would be great, it's getting to be a great joke paying £1.31 for a litre of diesel and considering my work just more than DOUBLED my commute to work for me I'm a little pissed off with paying through the nose for fuel.

Cheers,
Si

MY Vids | HAMPSHIRE 4x4 RESPONSE | The 4x4 Search Engine - Get Listed!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 20:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

markymoan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple answer is it will be fine, proper bio runs just like diesel so no filter or pump issues on the 2.8.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proper bio diesel should be no problem at all, just try 50/50 mix and bring it up,
The trooper injection pump isn't the strongest, but thats when your using veggie oil.
Just stick a fresh fuel filter on and try the bio diesel, just keep an eye on your filter.
That usually gets blocked a bit prematurely when run on the home grown.
hope this helps mate.

Dmax single cab pick up 2.5 biturbo
rangaKoo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's the homegrown stuff that worries me..

Was thinking about this guy:

http://www.biodiesel-fuel.co.uk/

He apparently supplies B100, which I imagine to be 100% Biodiesel as opposed to some sort of mixture??? I dunno.. he also supplies the equipment to do your own, but I'm not interested in that, would require space, time, and a LOT of money which I don't have, hehe.

He's in Fareham which is about 30 mins drive for me, and I do pass through there every once in a while, about every 3 - 4 weeks... so I could grab a 60 litre drum and fill up as well as filling the tank I guess. Alternatively I could look at getting a 1000 litre delivery??? hahah, Dunno where I'd put it. Perhaps in lots and lots of drums!

It was particularly the fuel pump issues which people talk about. Is there anything that can be done to make sure it "won't" have any problems, is it worth getting a seal kit and giving it a rebuild prior to running biodiesel?

Ideally (I'm going to speak with this guy and see if he can supply smaller amounts if I collect) I'd like to just be able to pull up and fill up.

Anyone know a supplier of properly done biodiesel who supplies East Hampshire area?

Si

MY Vids | HAMPSHIRE 4x4 RESPONSE | The 4x4 Search Engine - Get Listed!
rangielover

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it does, my 2.8 loved it

cooking oil it was more powerful but a little more jumpy

my 3.1 prefers cooking oil but not bio! bloody typical
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: