QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Bio diesel duty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AD

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 18:53    Post subject: Bio diesel duty Reply with quote

Ive been looking into running my 3.1 on bio, the trouble is, i totally depend on the troop and if the bio caused reliability issues i could loose more money that i would ever gain Rolling Eyes

I contacted a bio fuel wholsaler and what i have found out is that there is two levels of duty as with diesel   1) highway use @105ppl (approx)    2) Off road use @85ppl (approx).

So i asked if the non/low duty bio was died red like mineral diesel, answer - "no there is no difference in the fuel, comes out of the same pump" Shocked

So i asked if i bought 25l of duty paid and 25l of non duty paid (for my generator of course Wink ) and i put the wrong can in my troop could i get done?  answer "as long as you can show a reciept of duty paid bio there is no way testing can prove otherwise" Shocked  Shocked

If i had more time and less depend'nt on my troop (no buses where i live) i might have gone down the bio route Rolling Eyes
04, 3.0 citation

Last edited by AD on Mon Aug 11, 2008 18:58; edited 2 times in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 18:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

markymoan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 18:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got a big genny then  Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes V8 perkins  Laughing
04, 3.0 citation
markymoan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if you make it yourself you can make 2500L before you pay tax and tax for road use is 20p a litre more than for agri use  Shocked
Ask the guy if you can push the button on the machine so you dont pay any tax  Cool

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if i bought 1000l of agri use bio then say i made it myself i can put it in my trooper Question
04, 3.0 citation
dxmedia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 22:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

markymoan wrote:
So if you make it yourself you can make 2500L before you pay tax and tax for road use is 20p a litre more than for agri use  Shocked
Ask the guy if you can push the button on the machine so you dont pay any tax  Cool

Was speaking to my brother about this earlier (he mentioned that the 2500 litre thing was him !?!), but

The 2500L - (now 10000??) is road duty free, it's not vat free.

VAT on bio is charged at 8%, so, if you want to go to the tax man and pay your dues you need to give 8% of the initial purchase price of the SVO over. This is a bit of a minefield if you try and claim SVO back on business since you might end up owing the tax man a few £££'s.

Best thing to do is err.....

Of course keep a very close track of all purchases and all recips for oil so that the tax man has a fully auditable account of purchases made and can charge at the correct rate and amount.

01553 845 945
the flower man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 23:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the wrong advice so please take no notice of what i am about to right. and i oviously dont condone this type of action and would never do such a thing my self but.................................................work out what miles to the gallon you are doing. how many litres of diesel a year baced on your milage. work out how many litres of this would be diesel to keep the amount of bio under the duty level. get frendly with someone that works in a petrol garage and then over the year get reseats from them for diesal that you never had. run bio 100% of the time clame back the vat on the bio @8%. produce the reseats for the diesal you never had and clame the vat on that, dont diclair 50% of the bio as the diesel reseats will cover this. now and again put neat diesal in the tank incase they dip it.
if you get court you will go to prisson for fraud but that is a way around it.
2 clocks in your motor is another Rolling Eyes
dxmedia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

the flower man wrote:
this is the wrong advice so please take no notice of what i am about to right. and i oviously dont condone this type of action and would never do such a thing my self but.................................................work out what miles to the gallon you are doing. how many litres of diesel a year baced on your milage. work out how many litres of this would be diesel to keep the amount of bio under the duty level. get frendly with someone that works in a petrol garage and then over the year get reseats from them for diesal that you never had. run bio 100% of the time clame back the vat on the bio @8%. produce the reseats for the diesal you never had and clame the vat on that, dont diclair 50% of the bio as the diesel reseats will cover this. now and again put neat diesal in the tank incase they dip it.
if you get court you will go to prisson for fraud but that is a way around it.
2 clocks in your motor is another Rolling Eyes

That sounds like fraud to me  Question

01553 845 945
markymoan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, a free holiday  Rolling Eyes
http://www.hmprisonservice.gov.uk/prisoninformation/locateaprison/prison.asp?id=384,15,2,15,384,0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd prefer to pay for my holidays thank you  Rolling Eyes

Don't mess with the tax man - he WILL win.

01553 845 945
markymoan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing is that when I fill up on bio or diesel for that matter, I never ask for a reciept, and it isnt a legal requirment to do so.
So if i did get dipped when running on bio all I can do is say where I got it from (orange pump at thyne st service station)
Its right next to normal diesel and unleaded  Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 23:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  tax man dont always win mate. trust me. you have to prove somthing for it to stand up in court
what marky is saying is right. difficalt to prove mate but i dont recomend anyone doing it
the best way around any tax is to get an x sival survant to do your books. they are priceless and can dissapear anything Very Happy
dxmedia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

the flower man wrote:
Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  tax man dont always win mate. trust me. you have to prove somthing for it to stand up in court
what marky is saying is right. difficalt to prove mate but i dont recomend anyone doing it
the best way around any tax is to get an x sival survant to do your books. they are priceless and can dissapear anything Very Happy

And posting on a pulic forum which has memebers in police forces about tax evasion isn't the best thing in the world to do Wink

01553 845 945
the flower man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

like i said, i would not and am not doing any of the above. run my motor on diesel only Exclamation the police have got better things to do down hear mate Rolling Eyes my other halfs family are all coppers
all i was saying is with a bit of thought you cant get arount anything but at no point was i sugesting that it would be a good idear or even that it works. just exercising my freedom of speech in a public forum mate Wink
dont tell m you have never thought inercently about ways round paying un just amounts of money to the govenment? with the amount that things cost hear,i think it goes through lots of peoples minds Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: