4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

discovery 300 tdi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Non-Isuzu technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stueydo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 23:23    Post subject: discovery 300 tdi Reply with quote

Has anyone driven a disco 300 tdi, and a 3.1 trooper?  What are they like power wise?

My friend has bought a disco, and on paper they seem to have similar power outputs, but his disco feels nothing like the trooper when driving it.  I know its a landy, but these are supposed to be quite decent engines
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 23:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep driven both. both lifted, big mt's etc etc. the disco pulls a bit harder then my troop when already moving but it has got the pump and turbo tuned up more then mine, the disco is constant 4x4 so there's that to consider! I'd think if they were side by side there wouldn't be a lot in it.
As for driving, i prefer the troop feels a bit more refined and was more comfortable (before the bucket seats). off road there's not much between them, some things the disco walks and the troop stuggles but it happens the other way round too. They're both modified with similar lift, wouldn't like to say what standard ones would be like performance wise as never driven a standard one!
Philp

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd agree with the above, they feel a bit more agricultural on the road than the Trooper, power wise they felt pretty similar, I only had the disco for a couple of days as it was a courtesy car when the wifes Freelander broke (again) Felt more cramped inside though.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
James Hoban

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a Bighorn 3.1 auto 1998 and the mother in-law "had" a disco 300tdi auto 1997 ES, In my opinion the trooper is far better, both fairly standard but the Bighorn seemed to pull better and was better on fuel and handling then the disco. There is also more room in the Bighorn and the Auto box is smoother and more refined.

When towing in and out of a boggy field the Bighorn was the better of the Two.

To Sum it up: She has recently sold the disco and drives a 1996 SWB Trooper 3.1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Non-Isuzu technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: