QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Newbie with many questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
No_Cure

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:08    Post subject: Newbie with many questions Reply with quote

I have many questions. I just bought an 89 Trooper. 2.8 5 speed . I am trying to get as much info as possible. I have visted the links on a few of these posts and have found many answers, but still have ?'s!!!istory and explan
Where do I find a complete history and explanation of all the options of the Trooper? How many amps does a stock altenator ( 2.8 ) put out. Once I get these sources of info I can figure out the rest.
Who makes the best cam for the 2.8? How hard is it to upgrade with the 3.1 crank. Has anyone tried the motorvation or casper electronic devices to help the ECM with fuel/air control. Is the 4.3 TBI worth the upgrade? I am supprised no one makes headers for the 2.8 ! you can get a cam and more fuel , but no way to get rid of it besides a better exhaust from the cat back.
I am used to old ford style suspension. What does cranking the torsion bars do? and how hard is it? Is it a must for running 31" tires? anyone have more detailed VIN codes?
Thats all for now. I could go on all night. But lets see how well you answer these.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:08    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

JohnN

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:36    Post subject: Information Reply with quote

Have you tried www.itog.com (university) for VIN and option codes?
hellfire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 23:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello and welcome to our forum Very Happy
the cranking the torsion bars refers to lifting the front suspention on the trooper!
there's a bolt fixed to a cam on the end of the torsion bar that twists the bar,
that pushes the bottom wishbone down for more lift, or up for a lower ride,
so if you want to lift the front suspention you would tighten the nut!(remember to completly lift the front wheels off the ground)
and to lift the rear you can buy uprated springs or longer shackels,
also 31"10.5 tyres go well on the trooper without any mods, but remember when you go bigger on the hight of the tyre you also will change the gearing so you may find less mpg! and speed Mad
i hope this was some help to you? but i've had most mods done on mine, so i have had the odd problem here and there.
....andy Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: