4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Problem with registration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flashman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 15:28    Post subject: Problem with registration Reply with quote

Hi all
I'm another newie to this group although I have owned troopers since 1991.
I have just taken possession of a 2001 Citation which the previous owner assures me he bought brand new from a main dealer in Buckinghamshire. I took it into my local dealer this week to have it serviced and while it was on the ramps the service manager came out and asked me loads of questions about its history. I told him what I knew and he advised me that Isuzu UK could find no trace of the chassis number or engine number ever having been registered in the UK. The VIN plates are original and untouched. I contacted Isuzu on my return home who explained what they could. Maybe its an import they suggested, does it have twin batteries. Yes it has twin batteries.
In that case it is not an import. Ask DVLA what they know.
DVLA replied it was first registered as new in 9/01 in England. It was definately NOT an import. Isuzu UK seem at a loss as to what to say. They have contacted Japan for any info they can provide. We are awaiting their reply
Has any one else heard of anything like this before. Shocked

I'll snap it if I can
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 15:28    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

flashman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard back from Isuzu UK this afternoon. The car arrived, new, in this country via Cyprus, it is the second incident this month reported to Isuzu.
For anyone interested in buying a car they offer to check if it is a genuine UK vehicle. Get the chassis number from both VIN plates and ring the main number in West Bromwich. Somebody there will tell you within a minute or so where the car comes from. They think there may be somebody out there who is buying in 'grey' imports and selling them off as new UK spec cars.
Be aware. Crying or Very sad

I'll snap it if I can
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: