QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

ISUZU RODEO (3.0 DIESEL) 2004 VEGETABLE OIL

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TF

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 22:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

the warranty will be void, not worth it.

Are these people making bio diesel properly? All these problems sound like impurities to me.

Use a bio diesel generator for the power to make the fuel, then it is worth it.

Ok the machine may cost a couple of grand, so you need 4,000 litres of waste cooking oil to break even, then it is more or less free! I wish I had the capital.

Why not sell the rodeo, get a cheaper truck not direct injection, pre 2001, less tax, and get a bio diesel making machine?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 22:08    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

TF

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found out about the goo in bio diesel...

They have left out the last 2 processes in making the fuel. They need to spray a mist of water over the fuel and let it settle through for a few hours to wash the fuel, and then remove it. It needs to be filtered again and cooked at 55'C for 3 hours and filtered again.

The stuff in the filter on the vehicle is a kind of soap, which should not be there if the fuel is made properly. The water wash, (to remove the soap and crud) and heat treatment take time and energy, so people leave it out to save money. Shame really, I would say your bio diesel supplier is ripping you off for the sake of a few hours and an extra £0.60 of electricity (for heat) per 50 litres of fuel.

The whole point of bio diesel is that it is the same as fossil diesel. Don't use veg oil in DI engines!
dxmedia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

TF wrote:
Found out about the goo in bio diesel...

They have left out the last 2 processes in making the fuel. They need to spray a mist of water over the fuel and let it settle through for a few hours to wash the fuel, and then remove it. It needs to be filtered again and cooked at 55'C for 3 hours and filtered again.

The stuff in the filter on the vehicle is a kind of soap, which should not be there if the fuel is made properly. The water wash, (to remove the soap and crud) and heat treatment take time and energy, so people leave it out to save money. Shame really, I would say your bio diesel supplier is ripping you off for the sake of a few hours and an extra £0.60 of electricity (for heat) per 50 litres of fuel.

The whole point of bio diesel is that it is the same as fossil diesel. Don't use veg oil in DI engines!

Glycerol is a by-product of bio... it's not an unknow difficult to remove thing.

What's the issue with SVO in DI's? Mine runs fine on it ???

01553 845 945
TF

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glycerol is removed earlier in the process.

The soap is in small amounts, but after a few tanks collects in the filter. There was someone commenting on finding a fatty deposit in the bunged up fuel filter, this would have been soap.

I don't know what SVO is, take it means Something Veg Oil. The problem, as far as I can work out is due to the viscosity, it puts a strain on the pump and can muck up the injectors. You don't get a problem with it mixed with diesel or bio diesel under 40/60. There have been people with expensive problems that manufactures have been able to prove that veg oil is the problem, and the warranty is invalid on grounds of wrong fuel.

Some engines are designed to run best on old dirty high sulphur diesel, they haven't kept up with the cleaner fuel. I know of some DI engines failing after 80,000 miles, rather than the 600,000 you might well expect. Not Isuzu though.

You can run a gas BBQ with petrol under pressure, doesn't mean it is a good idea!

Old tanks will run on fuel oil, veg oil, diesel, powdered algae and proberly treacle, they were designed to. Modern DI engines are newish, and a bit fussy. I don't know how long they will run well on SVO, but they are not likley to keep going for ever, and what if it gets below -5'C and turns gloopy?
isuzutreepuller

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting topic , anyone looked at www.diselveg.co.uk , had my 93 3.1td auto lwb lotus bighorn converted by them just over 3 yrs ago now and runs sweet as nut , smells good too
isuzutreepuller

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops!!     www.dieseveg.com
isuzutreepuller

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

have to learn how to spell 3rd time lucky     www.dieselveg.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: