All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

process of converting WVO for running in Bighorn?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cav595

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 18:14    Post subject: process of converting WVO for running in Bighorn? Reply with quote

Hi all,

New to this Bighorn ownership, and as yet not even picked it up !!!  HOWEVER....  I've found a couple of local sources for WVO, what process will I need to go through to run it in my Bighorn?  I've been looking through the site and haven't seen a definative guide / answer to using WVO.

Also, a quick check on the net suggests veggie oil @ 80p  litre, will this be OK to run in mine, obviously summat like a 20% mix at first?

Cheers.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 18:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Dellboy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
been running my 3.1 on 50% mix for the last 2 years only mods are an additional filter (before the factory one) that uses the cheap cav filters (ford 1.8 diesel)
All the wvo i use is filtered down to 5 microns first (easy to do once set up ) pm me for more imfo
bellavesus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there, if you check the site burnveg.com there is alot of helpful info to be found about running your car on WVO. for starters, i would not suggest using a single tank system unless your climate is very warm. i would instead go for the 2 tank system, where you start the car on regualr diesel or bio diesel, then once the vehicle is up to operating temp, the veg oil should be heated by the coolant, you switch over to the second tank to drive on. it is best to use an aluminum or plastic tank to hold the WVO in, it will not react as strongly as steel which will create so many fuel filter clogging problems. also, you will need to have a heated fuel pickup for the cold weather, like a section of aluminum line run in a coil around the existing fuel pickup, and a final heat source before the IP, like a flat plate heat exchanger. there should be a temp gauge on the outlet of the FPHE so you know how hot your WVO is before going into your IP. and of course you will need a minumum of 2  three way valves that will allow you to switch over from diesel to WVO. and it is a smart idea to have a WVO dedicated fuel filter, as well. there are excellent writeups on the site i mentioned, and one individual in particular, sunwizard, has designed and built and incredibly easy to replicate, and cheaply build, system that can be modified for any vehicle. i am finishing up my own installation of a system i have copied from his, in my 2.8 4jb1tc. ill post it here when its done. until then,good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: