All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Fun in the snow.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rich31td

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 22:19    Post subject: Fun in the snow. Reply with quote

Any one else had fun in the snow today?

I took the Trooper out which is standard apart from Kumho KL71 mud tyres and drove it through the snow in Biggin Hill.

What fun, managed to get it stuck in a huge mound of snow, was sat on it's belly with the wheels trying to grip the air. Embarassed

Started digging out when a tractor pulled up behind me and offered to pull me out backwards.
Had a bit more of a run up and got through the huge mound with most of it being pushed over the bonnet.

What an awsome bit of kit. Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 22:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

sambrads

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are such fun i love my bighorn just popped on some new muds on my Izzy on friday that my friend gave me as my last set was of AT's was getting abit slick and slippy ... been out today in the hills enjoying the fun awww i love it !!! all our neighbours own new motors as we used too and it's been really funny watching 30k audi's just not even making the bottom of the hill on our street, they are all over the place !!! .. yet our bus chugs on past mmm we are parked up all snug on our drive and they are all parked up at the bottom of the road  Laughing

I'll have to take the camera out next time we go snow drift bashing !!!

Enjoy one and all

X
Sam
DAVID's J99P
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

took my youngest out so he could play with his sledge....living in newmaket it's fairly flat and in the last few days
weve  had 4/5inches of snow coupled with 48hrs at -6 to -2 during the day. The village roads are a little challenging
Other than the main through road they dont grit
The surrounding villages is where the hills are so off we go to play.
How great and capable are these trucks!! left it in 2WD just to how far it could be pushed
only a handful of times did i flick in the 4WD button mostly not needed thou
with roads inch thick of compacted ice/snow.
Found Ross some decent frozen farm tracks to slide down so he had a reall good day to Very Happy  Very Happy

David ltm47
The Laird

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should think Royston heath was packed this weekend.
It's the place to go with a sledge! Very Happy
fintius maximus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also had tremendous fun watching expensive cars have to pull over and abandon in the snow whilst we just ploughed through - tried the troop up some really steep snowy hills and it just ate them Very Happy  Only thing was I occasionally noticed a slight brake/clutch smell - is this because the clutch has to work harder to push 4 wheels?
The Laird

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just put my sensible head on for a minuet. Smile
If any of you have been playing 'snow ploughs', Leave the handbrake off when you park up for the night.

You will have loads of snow under the truck and the handbrake will freeze on overnight.
Chock it and put it in gear (or 'park').  
Happened to me friday night after playing in the snow built up on the side of the roads. Very Happy
rich31td

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried leaving it in 2wd but having a LSD in the back makes it interesting when booting it!  Very Happy

I leave mign in gear in low range with the hand brake off in this cold weather.
DAVID's J99P
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRIFTING Hey you must have see toyko drift film
This is how to doit without 500+bhp

David ltm47
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: