4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

off road in scotland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:41    Post subject: off road in scotland Reply with quote

hi i stay just outside Glasgow are there any places near were i can do some light off roading

thank you Ian
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

2hiMcfly

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 20:15    Post subject: Offroading in Scotland Reply with quote

There are not many places to go as the law is different up there and most land is privately owned by clans rather than the comman land we have in britain.
I beleave there are several companys that organise safari type trips on private land .
We were up ther at cristmas staying with the inlaws who recently moved to Roybridge (just outside Fort William).
We looked around and there was very little in the way of "green lanes" but try the local tourist info centre and they should have leaflets for the companys I mentioned . Dont expect it to be cheap though.
I am looking into several areas as the inlaws are starting B&B and we are hoping to organise offroadin holidays with accomadation , meals and organised offroad excursions but finding areas or land owners willing is hard as once several vehicles have been on a track others will break locks on gate just to get in and ruin it for everyone else. Sad
We have had several incidents down south were we have used land with permission and others have gone at later dates and wrecked the land.
There are several lanes my way as well were idiots venture off the track into fields and woodland and churn in up! Rolling Eyes
You can understand the lobbyists point of view some times !!
ian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 0:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes you are dead right mate Very Happy every where you go there is a gate or fence, large rocks in front of the lanes and tracks its a shame looks as if i will have to travel futher.Also can undstand the farmers etc dont want the place ripped apart by everyone with a 4x4.

cheers Ian.
elanman

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi ian, theres plenty off places if you know the right people. Wink
The PIG

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'VE GOT A MATE WHO LIVES IN THE HIGHLANDS AND HE OWNS A LOAD OF LAND WITH A COTTAGE ON IT,HE'S THINKING OFF SELLING IT UP IN A COUPLE OF YEARS AND I MIGHT BUY IT OFF HIM,
PUT A FEW FISH LAKES IN THERE AND AN OFF-ROAD COURSE AND A BIT OF WOODLAND FOR SHOOTING,
I'VE BEEN UP THERE AND DRIVEN ACROSS SOME OF THE ROUGH PARTS AND GONE ACROSS HIS NEIGHBOURS LAND FANTASTIC THE VIEWS.HIGHLANDS ARE THE BEST PLACE IN THE UK
ian

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 19:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good PIG Very Happy !!!!!!!!!! elanman were ru in paisley i'am just up the road in renfrew Shocked
cdavie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 13:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres a really great spot at strathblane/blanefield that me and my mate go to, but he usually clears it with the owner first. I got rather stuck there last week in the snow and burnt my clutch out, but still great fun!  Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: