QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

4 wheel drive light on dash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter Bonnell

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 21:38    Post subject: 4 wheel drive light on dash Reply with quote

As an owner of a '97 3.1td shift on the fly model trooper, I have had the green 4 wheel drive light on permanently and have tried all the usual remedies, none worked! I finally got a friend of mine who is a whizz with electrics to solve this problem. I know of another trooper owner with the same problem and he has also solved it. If anyone else has this problem, please reply and I will advise. Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 21:38    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Beam me up scotty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 22:57    Post subject: Got the same problem Reply with quote

Peter

I have a flashing green light with shift on the fly and its still running in 2wd.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Regards

BMUS
vlovo a25d

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 16:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello there
my name is steve,i to have same problem with fwd light.
did clear once by keep moviving fwd stick,but after a while it came on again during starting.

Would like to know how to clear it.

Thanks
Regards

Steve
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not a hard system to work out when you move the smaller lever in the cabin that activates a switch on the side of the box, this then controls 2 solenoids on the front axle casing one of which is allowing a vacuum through to hold it in 2 wheel drive and the other is shut i.e not allowing the vacuum through when the switch is activated they swap i.e the open one becomes shut and the shut one becomes open. (with me so far!) this then allows the vacuum to the other side of a small diaphragm (which has a selector rod attached to it) which then gets sucked in the opposite direction thus engaging 4wd.
the only problems you usually get are the switch not working, the solenoids seized or the wiring to them broken just before it goes in to main loom.
Peter Bonnell

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was a broken wire, the brown one just before the main loom above the front axle. But its nothing to do with 4 wheel drive, the solonoid actually locks the front diff so anybody driving with the light on has the front axle locked even though it is not in 4 wheel drive. Heavy steering, scrubbing front tyres and ultimately damaging the axle.
siweb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

When my light was permanently on it was because a vacuum pipe had come off a T connector in the engine bay, I had no 4WD even when in 4wd .
Once pipe was stuck back on light went out and turned on when 4wd was put in gear.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

it actually locks the n/s half shaft hence the selector rod which then makes the diff drive the front wheels thats how the 4wd system works, it is possible to have the light on and not be in 4wd though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: