4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

F.A.O eithan ,gribble and guru gang

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gribble

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the aircon gas pressure is low it will do that as it wont come on or if the pressure switch  on the air dryer is messing about too .
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 18:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

dogfish

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 21:40    Post subject: gribble guru or jedi master Reply with quote

you are the master i am the student,well on a serious note have arranged for truck to go to a very good local main dealer not isuzu but still top notch and will have gas  checked, could you tell me what the gas charge weight is in grams please, this will help the techie also if the dealer did not recharge unit during short motor i suppose that it could be low and as i had to wait for them to finish boxing it up this is highly likely.any opinion on ecu and would it affect performance ie 85 mph flat out .regards Neil. Confused
eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

700-750gram i think from memory

did the dealer tell you that the switch is a no no?
Gribble

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do recall that the A/C switch is on the tech 2 menu as to working or not in  the live data screen ?

Umm, 85 indicated mph , depends on tyre pressure ,size, tracking and other factors but was that with the rev counter on the red line ?
dogfish

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:27    Post subject: feeling hot under the collar Reply with quote

hi guys
the dealer told me the price of a switch was prohibative and the switch did work  imm before he put tech two on to fault find which was the gearbox switch(used auto ecu in man) just wonder if the numpty has switched off the aircon switch by mistake if its on tech 2,i will ask next (22nd 1980 miles) visit,the engine runs well with only light throttle needed to reach 65-70 in 5th and will happily cruise at this put your foot to the floor and you dont need a stop watch but a calander it never reaches anywere near the redline in 5th and max is 3.5-4 on tacho at 85 tyres are bog standard .so any ideas at all will help,regards again Neil Rolling Eyes .
Gribble

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont think he can switch it off as it just shows if the A/C  request has been' seen'  as the  ECU will rev the engine up a bit for the extra load .
Have a look at the little window in the round tank in front of the rad behind the plastic grill it will show if the gas is ok or not ,you can get the guide in the on line manual under aircon.

As for top end speed tyre pressures, tracking and front  wheel bearings affect this but if its getting up to 70 easy and wont go much more it does sound like something wants a look at.

The manual gerbox has a switch that tells the ECU which range of gears its in i.e. 1/2 or 3/4/5 which must be to with the fueling but I have not read anywhere what it does exactly but ! if you switch off the 1/2 bit it gives yer off roading more ommph low down  Smile o   maybe the auto ECU gets a different set up but its not an area I have done much in .
It would follow that the ECU mapping would be different and in tech 2 its a different set of menus for an auto 4JX1

The top end at 85/4000rmp would seem about right I dont think they go much faster if you are on 245/70/16 tyres .
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

have to disagree with Gribble there  Embarassed

Just been out and in 5th gear 1500 rpm=40 mph that equates to 106mph @4000 rpm.Thats with bigger tyres so is a truer speedo/roadreading.
With standard tyre you would still be showing 106mph on speedo,but true road speed would be 97ish(or thereabouts)
3500rpm would give indicated speed of 93mph...These aren't accurate to the nth degree but there is such a massive discrepancy....
Its rpm versus speedo indicated speed that seems strange....lets put it this way mine will pull to 3800rpm plus in top gear on a hot day with bigger tyres.....
Why...I've nary a clue  dontknow
dogfish

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 16:44    Post subject: i am a master numpty Reply with quote

hi guys
its a good job you know your stuff i meant to say it revs to 3,5 and struggles to 4 ish in 4th gear in 5th it only manages just over the 3 however i had a chat with the dealer who recons that first of all they did not remove the aircon just moved it out of the way so it must all just be a coincidence also the aircon switch shows on tech 2 but cannot be switched off.
the poor performance he suggested is down to the fact that they fitted a s/h auto ecu in the man truck and once he sorts it out it will run better,to be brutally honest i cant remember how many things that the dealer has put the trouble down to ,i know i have brand new egr valve on the shelf in the garage as that was one of his ideas that didnt pan out as was the new short motor with the same result .
i am still taking the truck in sat am to get gas checked the main reason is i am off away on sat afternoon for a hol wish me luck as i am towing a caravan,i will let you know how far i get regards neil. Rolling Eyes
Gribble

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs G has added that her 3.0lwb does 2500rpm @ 70mph on 245's  so looks like you do have a fault and robbo is right again !
dogfish

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 22:54    Post subject: oddities Reply with quote

hi again
many thanks to all who are attempting to help inc mrs g, do you recon that the ecu could be the problem with lack of top end,now the funny thing is the aircon works when its been parked in the sun but as soon as it cools down nada nothing no blue light,will keep you posted but if its down on pressure the downside is it must have a leak,regards Neil
dogfish

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:09    Post subject: all gassed up Reply with quote

hi
well the system still had in .55 so after a recharge cycle back to .75 actually .76 i couldnt recall exact fig its still the same so its poss down to press switch or the dash switch or hopefully not the compressor i think thats covered it all but i suppose my next step is for the dealer to check out on tech 2 as it did pack in whilst he was trying to find gearbox switch for ecu,i wonder what settings the ecu actually has for the aircon he admits the s/h one he fitted was from an auto not a man i wonder if its from a duty with no aircon.whats your opinions on the subject .suppose off on hol with windows down at least they are electric and work at mo, regards neil.
dogfish

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 20:51    Post subject: EITHAN GRIBBLE AND GANG Reply with quote

HI GUYS

BACK FROM WEEK AWAY ,THE CAR BEHAVED QUITE WELL DOWN ON LOWDOWN PULLING GRUNT WITH CARAVAN ON THE BACK AND ONLY GOT 19MPG OVERALL BUT THIS IS PROBABLY DOWN TO THE ECU ,THE AIRCON AFTER A RECHARGE DID NOT WORK STRAIGHT AWAY BUT CAME BACK TO LIFE AND SEEMS TO BE FINE NOW DONT KNOW WHY JUST HAPPY ITS WORKING.
I AM CONTACTING THE DEALER REGARDING THE ECU AND IF ITS NOT A 100% FIX I WILL CONTACT ISUZU AS I AM SICK OF THE HASSLE,WILL KEEP YOU POSTED REGARDS NEIL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: