2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

injectors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bogtrotter

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:29    Post subject: injectors Reply with quote

My injectors were replaced under recall around about 4 years ago [previous owner]
also got recall notice at the end of last year for injector serial number check.

Did not have it done as had read and heard a few horror stories of people having problems after having the injectors replaced.

Now pretty sure I have an injector down, has the shaking gear lever thing at tick over, can't hear miss fire at tick over
but slight chuffing sound similar to a leaking exhaust, engine hesitates when pulling away bad misfire up to 2000 revs
then seems to run fine.

Does not appear to be any diesel in the oil which I believe was the problem with a certain batch of injectors and the reason for the recall, so looks  as if I won't get any help from Isuzu.

I am a fair distance from an Isuzu dealer, and a long way from a good one.

So here goes some questions, please excuse my ignorance and I know this is not the right way to go about this but I am desperate. due to the economic climate and sever lack of cash.

No way I can afford a set of injectors if it comes to that it means scrapping the vehicle.

Read on here somewhere you[but can't find the post] can now buy single injectors what would be the cost of buying one new injector having it fitted and coded in.

Think I could get second hand injectors at a reasonable price, know that if I could get the same grade it would not need coded, if I could not get the same grade would it be safe to fit and drive to a dealer and have it coded?

How can I find which injector is down, know the dealer can check them but is there any way I can check at home as unlike some engines need to strip down to get to the injectors so not possible to run engine once I have access to them?

Would local garage be able to check which injector is at fault [not Isuzu] ?

Is the grade the serial number or does the grade cover a range of serial numbers ?

Anything other than an injector that could be causing the misfire?

As I said I know this is not the correct way to go but needs must and I am desperate so any ideas would be very much appreciated.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

kirstykate

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 15:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, where abouts in Scotland are you?  Having problems with my truck and the local dealer, yep its injectors!!
bogtrotter

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirstykate wrote:
Hi, where abouts in Scotland are you?  Having problems with my truck and the local dealer, yep its injectors!!

I am in central Scotland, what problems are you having with dealer.
Seems to be hard to find a good one in this area, ok if you have a rodeo, but don't want to know about troopers,have been told to try Weirs in Perth, maybe ok but have no experience of them.
kirstykate

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am up north Inverness and using A M Plilips, total nightmare, The technical guy from Isuzu thats involved with my truck sort of mentioned perth to me as well, havent a clue what to do!
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bogtrotter and mwebster,what engines do you have ? Euro 2 or 3..Injectors are in compatable between the two.... Wink
bogtrotter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, but managed to get s/h injector up and running.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: