All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Injector Seal? gone AGAIN !!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrooperMike

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 17:47    Post subject: Injector Seal? gone AGAIN !! Reply with quote

Back in 2006 we had new Injectors fitted after the oil level started to rise on the last day of our French Holiday.
All then seemed to be well, until last year when we were advised we needed to have the Injector serial numbers checked.
We had this done in July after our holiday, we were told they needed changing and this was done.
We have just traveled 300 miles from the Wirral to Eurotunnel a Folkestone to take the Caravan to France again.
Whilst I had some time to spare I checked the oil level and it was about 20mm to high (It was fine before we left)
We have now been towed from Eurotunnel to a campsite.
I feel totally let down by Isuzu. Especially as the car had run fine for 3 years after the first set of injectors were fitted.
Has anyone else had this problem.
And as the last set of Injectors were fitted in July 2009 should any work carried out now be free under parts warranty?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 17:47    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

rallymarshall

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is 1 reason why i havent taken mine to have the injectors for the recall,
mine is running a dream at the mo and i dont want it buggered up

65 vauxhall mokka 1.6cdti 4x4 se
66 vauxhall corsa vxr
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

might not be injectors it might be the top seal on the injector sleeve which you don't touch when doing the recall
TrooperMike

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies guys.
The car has now been shipped to Andy's of Dover.
Non-Isuzu garage, but it's the one the Breakdown company use.
Hope he can sort something out.
TrooperMike

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
might not be injectors it might be the top seal on the injector sleeve which you don't touch when doing the recall

Hi Eithan, it looks like be are right.
The Garage says they have replaced all the Injector Seals but it is still leaking Diesel into the sump oil.
They say there is nothing further they can do. It needs to go to an Isuzu dealer.
We have now had to continue our holidays in a hire car.

Is it a major job to change the Sleeve seals, does it have to be done by an Isuzu dealer or could any competent mechanic do it?

Cheers Mike
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 14:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

any competant  mechanic can do it you just need an internal puller to get the old ones out, someone on here has made one they might lend out in exchange for a couple of beer tokens.

as long as the injectors are above the cutoff point and if the garage are sure they followed the procedure for tightening them down correctly then the next step would be the sleeves but they ain't cheap at about £70 each plus vat then labour and a set of seals for the injectors again (do not reuse the copper washer again)

then you could do all this and it still leaks which would mean a new head then
TrooperMike

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for not replying to Eithan before but only got back off holiday a couple of days ago.

Just got the car back, it was very reluctant to start. It did eventually start with clouds of blue smoke and running rough.
The Blue smoke died down after about 30 seconds and the engine settled down.
On reving the engine I now get clouds of grey Smoke from exhaust?
I rang Threeways, Abergele,  my nearest Isuzu dealer, they will look at the car, but there is a 2 month waiting lit due to the number of 3.0Lt injector problems they are being asked to look at.
Mork_77
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 13:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrooperMike wrote:
I rang Threeways, Abergele,  my nearest Isuzu dealer, they will look at the car, but there is a 2 month waiting lit due to the number of 3.0Lt injector problems they are being asked to look at.

I'm sorry but to me that sounds like they don't want to look at it and hope you take it somewhere else, did they replace the injectors last time or was it another garage?
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only an idea... Embarassed  but if its got to be moved from Dover,  Idea
TrooperMike

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys
The car was delivered back to the Wirral today, the same truck picked up the hire car.
Having the Trooper delivered elsewhere was not an option.

Threeways did the original Injector recall for me in 2006 and the Serial Number recall (new Injectors fitted) in July last year.

Is there much of a market for non-running Troopers, I am seriously think of offering on eebuygum for Spares or Repair.

Mike
eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

threeways do seem to have a reputation for silly waiting times for troopers see how long it takes before they can get a rodeo in for a service it's a lot shorter then 2 months!
when it's running does it blow smoke out of the dipstick tube?
TrooperMike

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I cant see any smoke coming out of the dip stick tube
BUT I can only run the engine for a couple of minutes because of the amount of Grey smoke coming out of the exhaust and because it's very warm all the neighbours  have there windows open.
I tried hooking up a Jerry can of fresh diesel to the 'diesel in' pipe on the side of the engine, in case somehow the diesel  in the tank has been contaminated, but it made no difference to the grey smoke.

Mike
eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like to much diesel or not enough air does it have a bad diesel knock when you rev it?
paulab575

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 22:52    Post subject: Trooper graveyard in staffordshire! Reply with quote

Hi just letting you know there is a guy in draycott in the clay staffordshire that break's and repair's just trooper's! especially my sort 'the infamous 3.0........ I took my beloved last 2.8 there to die!-bless her! Anyway i was unaware what i was getting into with this one,having had such a good loyal one before!  I was shocked when i'de already bought this one and took my old one to him how many 3.0 were lined up in his yard for breaking. Fair play to the guy he just shook his head? Anyway i've written before on this forum what i've been through,and what i'me going through! LOVE 'CHECK ENGINE LIGHT' ( t.p.s.!) P1486!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: