4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Problems removing the door card on Monterey/trooper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bodywork, trim, fixtures & fittings ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benmorling

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 16:28    Post subject: Problems removing the door card on Monterey/trooper Reply with quote

Guys...

Right now the door card is half hanging off on my drive way, and I can't get the sodding thing off for toffee!

Removed the following:

3 speaker screws
2 screws in doorhandle
1 screw in Drivers door handle latch
Pulled the door cerd free

I now see the only thing holding the card in place is a yellow plastic thing from the door latch to the inner mechanism. Have looked on the site and I can't find an answer. Someone mentions rotating the door, but the handle will not fit through the hole in the door card!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!

I want to change the central locking motor and assume i have to remove the card, but it won't bleedin' come off!!!!!

Advice please as I feel proper defeated right now!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 16:28    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

fb133

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can pull the door handle latch out towards you slightly then rotate it gently and slide it off the bar or push it through the hole in the door card.

It'd be clockwise for the drivers door and anti-clockwise for the passenger door IIRC.
benmorling

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does it come off that yellow clip thing then?

I did try twisting it but it just did not feel stable and also the big door handle seems to get the the way (couldn't get this off). Maybe it's a 2 person job???

and am I twisting the handle itself or the door card... sorry to be a complete goon, I just spent about an hour trying to do it and just had an epic fail!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bodywork, trim, fixtures & fittings ... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: