All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Duel Fuel 3.2 V6 Monty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnmbro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 21:21    Post subject: Duel Fuel 3.2 V6 Monty Reply with quote

Hi, I'm doing oil change and oil filter change tomorrow and want to do fuel filter, at the moment the monty run really bad on petrol but really good on lpg, so I was going to do the fuel filter as well, however I have limited knowledge of mechanics so want to know if the fuel filter is the bigish black box thing with pipe on the top on the right hand side of the engine bay, and is there also an inline fuel filter on these.
has anyone else had the same problem with their duel fuel and will this hopefully cure the bad running.
Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 21:21    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

markymoan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fuel filter is an inline one, the black box is the air filter.
Fuel filter

And it could probably do with new fuel if you never use petrol, it goes off and loses octane hence bad running.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, the black box thing is just behind the air box it is cylindrical and has two pipes going into it and a short vent pipe? on the top.
I will put some new fuel in also and run it on petrol for a while.
C00KIE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck a load of injector cleaner in a near empty tank before you top up and give it a good run, and if can manage it fill the fuel filter with said cleaner before that goes in aswel, running lpg kinda makes redundant the injectors and a few other things so a good run once in a while on the expensive stuff helps.

Mine also runs like a bag of s***e on petrol but spot on on lpg, some thing has to be sacrificed  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

V6 3.2 Monterey LPG !! - work in progress !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: