All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

IS THIS TRUE ABOUT GREEN LANES?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The PIG

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:45    Post subject: IS THIS TRUE ABOUT GREEN LANES? Reply with quote

MY BROTHER E-MAILED ME THE OTHER DAY SAYING THAT THE RAMBLERS HAVE GOT THERE WAY AND THAT US 4X4ERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE GREEN LANES ANYMORE, HE SAID HE IS VERY SURE OF THIS.
WELL THAT WAS KEPT QUIET.
CAN ANY ONE CONFIRM THIS.
FRWL JACK
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

yangreen

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's news to me. I know they are getting scarily close though.
Philp

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so although there has been a lot of press attention recently particularly re idiots on dirt bikes chewing the place up. Here http://www.glass-uk.org/ will confirm or deny it definitively, the Green lane Association

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Dafydd Wynn Williams
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 13:11    Post subject: As posted Reply with quote

The TV news item I saw this week related to the strong [b]possibility[/b] of prohibiting 2 & 4 wheeled vehicles on green lanes/RUPs in some National Parks, since these are suffering more than generally and also carry more foot traffic.

If I got it correctly, its not yet confirmed.

Dafydd
yangreen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 15:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched that thing with Jimmy Carr last night which is all about statistics. Apparently 69% of people would feel a walk in the countryside would be ruined if they encountered a vehicle. Does that include tractors? Farmers? Emergency vehicles?

There are plenty of places to go and have a ramble and get miles away from roads and green lanes so why can't these people go and find them and leave us alone?!?!

Rant over.

Ian
The PIG

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said. we have "FOTTPATHS" for walkers, "BRIDLE WAYS" for horses and "GREEN LANES" for us 4x4s!
yangreen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 19:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. Have you ever tried walking down a churned up bridleway? Horrible but you don't complain because you are walking down a byway open to horses! I've never been kicked by a 4x4 either...
Philp

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 19:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a walker as well as a 4x4 owner and in the past also rode horses and frankly all of the 4x4 drivers I've ever met on a byway have been a lot more considerate and friendly than the average mountain biker. Nobody seems to complain about them using footpaths (they are restricted by law to Bridleways and Byways) and I can guarantee that a good 80% of them will come whizzing past you at high speed, showering you with mud and stones and don't even say thank you if you get out of their way. They also do a huge amount of damage to footpaths/bridleways. I consider most mountain bikers to be arrogant *beep* with no regard for other users of the countryside who seem to think they have right of way over everyone else.

Flash

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:45    Post subject: Greenlanes Reply with quote

Greetings all
I Live in Northants which has a lot of BYEWAYS which I always thought were for use by cars, Horses etc...
So then why is it that Most Byeways in our County have Bars across them with Padlocks on.
I rang the council and was told that they close them in the winter to avoid damage from the cars. I have never left any damage as I tend to Drive carefuly and slowly along these lanes to admire the views.
Funnily enough after I complained i see a couple of gates are now opened.
I know what Phill is saying about Mountain bikers though.
I remember years ago when i was wee lad up Clee hills with the old fella(poor sods 3.0TD Blew earlier this week) watching some SHOW off Mountain bikers when One of them completely Botched a Jump and came crashing to the Ground, Best laugh we had in Ages. Twisted Evil
Any ways Back to Work before Ebenezer Scrooge catches me on tinterenet again
Go Carefully
Flash
motormaniac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

yangreen wrote:
Exactly. Have you ever tried walking down a churned up bridleway? Horrible but you don't complain because you are walking down a byway open to horses! I've never been kicked by a 4x4 either...

I bet it has bitten you a few times though!!
Philp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 22:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a real danger of this happening. I understand the government may be about to do a u-turn and end the 25 year consultation very early so meaning almost all byways will get reclassified as bridleways or footpaths. Closing greenlanes prone to damamge in the winter is a sensible precaution really but permanent closure is looming.

frank sucevic
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think a lot of lanes have gates because of the idiots tipping tyres and rubbish on them frankie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: