2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

what do I need to know??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moses06

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 0:01    Post subject: what do I need to know?? Reply with quote

Hope someone can help!! firstly, I know NOTHING about cars... I need a capable, cheap, towing vehicle to pull a horse trailer after my trusty 1994 fourtrack died......can't find another decent tracky within 200 miles of home - have been looking at troopers. I gather the 3.1 is the better one?? I have noticed they have had a recall - how will I know if the work has been done?? what are the cars like overall?? I will realistically be looking at a 1994 - 1998 model as it will just be used for pottering to and from work and taking the nags to local shows at weekends, so don't want to spend a fortune!! many thanks!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 0:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DYLAN

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 0:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

The recall you will have been reading about are for the 3.0, There might have been one for the 3.1, Ceramic heater or something like that but the 3.1 with regular services is widely considered bullet proof. Wink

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
moses06

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that - have my eye on a 3.1, looks like the kind of vehicle I'm looking for - a workhorse rather than a hairdressers soft roader!! Laughing
craig8661

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 15:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont condem the 3.0 ither as there good for towing make sure its had the iz17 recall done and your fine.
i use ours for towing two big horses with a rice europa tows like a dream.
mine goes in on monday morning for her injectors.
only fault mine has is a slight random miss fire at tick over.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did it!!! bought a 3.1td 1996.....soooo much more comfy and spacious than my previous fourtrack - and got me out of a swamp like car park at a horse event this morning!!   Laughing  Laughing very pleased with it so far!!
Maidment78

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horse event? you were not over Kingsclere where you? there were horse lorrys stuck everywhere.  Brilliant fun pulling them out.
craig8661

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was disapointed the other day with horse box on and even after heavy rain the field was still firm so didnt even need 4 wheel drive

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put mine in 4x4 for the first time - towing the box through the mud was effortless - much impressed Laughing Had a slightly senile moment before I remembered Izuzu's don't go into 4L in the same way as Diahatsu's....... Embarassed   Embarassed
moses06

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maidment78 wrote:
Horse event? you were not over Kingsclere where you? there were horse lorrys stuck everywhere.  Brilliant fun pulling them out.

No - But I heard it was bad there!! And that's why I personally prefer 4x4 and trailer combo to a lorry..... Laughing
craig8661

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

as i recall my 4 track was a shift on the fly as i was for ever hitting the button for some reason.
does yours  have the limited slip dif as well

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea about limited slip diff Embarassed  It's not a shift on the fly model, everything is done with the stick, same as my fourtrack - the second fourtrack I owned had SOTF and was nowt but a pain!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: