Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

The old enemy is back

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bodywork, trim, fixtures & fittings ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamespayne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 17:45    Post subject: The old enemy is back Reply with quote

Hey everybody,
Just been looking over my 3.1 for the MoT, and I have found a patch of tin worm I need advice on. The O/S/F body to chassis mount is now mostly on the floor. Looks like I will have to strip off the front bumper to get at it properly, and I will have to cut the bush in half to gain access. Has anyone made this part up before, and where can I get a new rubber bush from? Will anything else work instead of calling Isuzu? Will the body drop in that corner if I cut it in half? Thanks for reading my woes.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 17:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

The Laird

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look in here   Linky thing
Originally about rear body mounts. But it will give you and idea.
Once you cut the old one off you should be able to remove the rubber bit from the bracket.
jamespayne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I like that! Do you know where I can buy new rubbers or anything else that would do the job?
The Laird

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't needed to look for any, mine were OK.
gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got new rubber body mounts from vauxhall, it was mainly as I could get them quicker, I've had to rebuild the very front mounts before after I ripped one out of the chassis/body, I had to rebuild the body and chassis sections due to the damage. The front end will support itself but you can put a jack under the body cross member to keep it in the right place and lift it a little to get the new mount in. If your handy with a welder etc not a bad job to do.
jamespayne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

gary820 wrote:
I got new rubber body mounts from vauxhall, it was mainly as I could get them quicker, I've had to rebuild the very front mounts before after I ripped one out of the chassis/body, I had to rebuild the body and chassis sections due to the damage. The front end will support itself but you can put a jack under the body cross member to keep it in the right place and lift it a little to get the new mount in. If your handy with a welder etc not a bad job to do.

Which mount did Vauxhall supply you? I tried Isuzu and they said it wasnt all in stock and had to come from Japan! The body on mine is ok, but the chassis part is ruined, and the supporting arm for the front bumper looks like tin worm food as well. Would the Monty bits all fit mine?
gary820
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the rubber mounts that go onto the chassis for the body, I got the 2 very front ones and the ones under the front doors. I damaged a front one off road hence the body getting damaged too. I got them within a couple of days from vauxhall, same as the monty.
jamespayne

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

gary820 wrote:
It was the rubber mounts that go onto the chassis for the body, I got the 2 very front ones and the ones under the front doors. I damaged a front one off road hence the body getting damaged too. I got them within a couple of days from vauxhall, same as the monty.

Sorry, laptop is as rusty as the troop! Great work, I will get on to Vauxhall and get another year from the troop, thanks for your help  Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bodywork, trim, fixtures & fittings ... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: