2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

gribble and eithan and gurus could you assist again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dogfish

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:48    Post subject: gribble and eithan and gurus could you assist again Reply with quote

hi guys i am still having trouble with the trooper the dealer is a dead loss since the new motor the check light keeps coming on it was put down to the gearbox switch as the dealer had swapped my man ecu witha auto one (still waiting for him to sort out poss with a used but good man unit) ,well the problem of the engine kangarooing ect is getting worse i dont thrash the motor and to be fair its rare that it revs over 3k unless on motorway but i can now hear a whistle sound from poss the n/s of the engine, this comes in at around 2k and alters pitch with the acc pedal not engine revs any ideas would be appreciated,regards and thanks Neil.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

could be throttle body gaskets check the tightness of the nuts as the studs work loose
dogfish

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 19:58    Post subject: thank you for the reply and help Reply with quote

hi again Eithan
went to the dealer today i did hope that this was the cause of the problems i am having but as usual not a chance it appears that its nothing other than the cat blowing at the sharp bend before the flexi its under the heat shield so the gas and noise sounded as if it was from the n/s,any ideas about a cat and what is a none  type approved  unit they are cheaper than type app units,i would prefer a gen unit if i can find one at a reasonable price.any help from anybody would be appreciated,regards and thanks again Neil.
Mork_77
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently got a new CAT fitted and the genuine one was £650 so I went for a non genuine one for £180, been driving fine with it on for a couple of months now.
Gribble

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 23:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it not have a small repair ?  Confused
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dare I say it but I had this issue with my 2.8. Thought it was belts/exhausts etc. Finally discovered what the problem was when the turbo gave out. It got to the stage I named her "Banshee" Seemed as if it would get louder and quieter depending on what I did with the throttle. I could play tunes with it in fact the noise became so loud. Now I also was missing an exhaust manifold bolt, and another was loose as well (even though the gasket was intact) so I never found out wether that was a contributing factor, but the noise sure as hell disappeared when the gouts of smoke appeared out the back and I lost all power.

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

dogfish

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 19:20    Post subject: thanks for the help its exhausting Reply with quote

hi guys
thank you all for help,i have deff found the exhaust blowing at the first swan neck bend before the flexi,the turbo is fine its only done 1000 miles replaced with new motor,the good news is the dealer can source a exhaust part that fits from manifold to just before the cat and at £80 fitted its a lot cheaper than a manufacturers cat,not much less than a non type approved one but not to sure what the quality of one of these units is like,i appreciate that its poss to weld up the old one but am i not just delaying the inevitable,need 4 new tyres as well so this month aint going to be cheap,any more points of view on cats or tyres would be appreciated,thanks and i will keep all posted Neil.
dogfish

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 20:32    Post subject: eithan gribble gurus and gang its a decision i think Reply with quote

hi guys
right i have made a deff decision i think, first after trying alternative trucks i am 100% keeping the trooper ,i am also having the exaust bit replaced at the dealer he will attempt to turn off or sort the gearbox switch problem again,and last but not least thinking of having michelin latitude tyres fitted i mainly drive on tarmac for at least 95% of the time so i need a quiet road pattern,any comments will be appreciated,many thanks and regards Neil. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: