Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Chorley Red Bank Bonfire 2010

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events - ideas, reviews and photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bigcolbee
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:05    Post subject: Chorley Red Bank Bonfire 2010 Reply with quote

Howdo all!

We have now had permission to run our bonfire, details are as follows:

Chorley Red Bank Scout Group Annual  Bonfire & Firework Display 2010

Saturday 6th November 2010

Duxbury Park, Bolton Road, Chorley, Lancs, PR7 4AG

Lancashire's largest FREE bonfire, with fireworks set to music

Gates open at 6pm, bonfire lighting at 6.30pm & Fireworks at 7.15pm (early arrival advised due to expected crowd numbers & small entrance gates)

Sorry, we do not organise any parking, please park within the law, and be considerate to our neighbours - a good place to park is around PR7 3JT, only a short (10 min) walk

Hot food & drink on sale on the park, run entirely by volunteers - any off park sales are private businesses, the Scout Group will not see any profits from these sellers! Glow necklaces will be on sale on the gates for the young (and not so young!) ones

Donations gratefully received, all profits will pay for next years fireworks, with any surplus going towards the Scout Group

NO PRIVATE FIREWORKS OR FIREWORKS ON THE PARK PLEASE! We would rather you stay safe and enjoy these in the privacy of your own garden

More information from Red Bank Bonfire Website (contact details & Directions etc can be found on the website)

Alright brain, you don't like me and i don't like you, so let's just do this thing and I'll go back to killing you with beer

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Bigcolbee
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and now the important bits:

We have one or two regular helpers come to the bonfire, (Cheers Marky & Muttley!), one or two others have said they wouldn't mind coming to help out. - we have one or two L... R..... coming, maybe after one of them pulled a certain Mr Moan off wet grass a couple of years ago, maybe we need to redress the balance a little, and show them that some Trooper drivers do actually have a clue  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

We are always on the lookout for extra helpers to either drive & collect pallets, build the bonfire, put fencing up, put marquee & first aid tent up, help with food tent preparation etc during the day (anytime between 9am & 4pm).

We are also on the lookout for helpers in the evening, whether being a bonfire/firework marshal, or helping in the food tent - if you help out during the day, we can also throw in a free hotpot lunch, brews (sorry, no alcohol until after the event), and even a hot dog or bury black pudding & mushy pea tea

After the bonfire & fireworks have finished, we have to man the park overnight, his gives us an ideal opportunity to sit round the fire & talk shirt whilst rehydrating, (some beers will be free as a thank you, but you will need to bring more if you want a good few scoops!), before having a late night BBQ, a few more scoops and then crashing in tents/caravans/motors etc on the park overnight.

Sunday Morning, we will be having a BBQ breakfast, followed by a big tidy up on the park, taking down all tents etc, make sure the fire is fully out etc & put in the skip etc etc etc

There are one or two bits anyone wishing to help out will need to know:
Under 16's are not allowed in the bonfire build area
PPE must be worn, section heads will have blue helmets, first aiders green helmets & everyone else white helmets (although some of the girlies like to take their own pink helmets)
The park has a 5mph speed limit, and we have to leave the grass as close to how we found it as possible
Whilst the bonfire is on, vehicles must be off the park,  again, PR7 3JT (little Carr Lane, Chorley is quite a good spot)
If staying overnight, no under 18's allowed on the park (unless in their tent/caravan etc) after 9pm - so kids are allowed if you want to bring them, we just don't want them hanging around a huge fire whilst we are putting the world to rights!
If you are wanting to help out, I could do with a PM with your name, address, DOB & any medical info necessary, emergency contact name, number, relationship for the H&S file
I could also do with knowing when you are looking to arrive & whether you are staying overnight (we need to know we have enough thank you beers bought in before the event)

Cheers

Col

Alright brain, you don't like me and i don't like you, so let's just do this thing and I'll go back to killing you with beer

Bigcolbee
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody coming?

It doesn't have to be to help out, feel free to pop along just for the bommie & fireworks - Gary(820) can vouch for the quality, he has popped over with his missus 2 or 3 times in past few years

So far I have:
Markymoan + Some
Bigcolbee +1 1/2
Chris B + 1 1/4

markymoan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 23:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant wait, If I was to rate it against Blackpool lights then Blackpool waste electricity  Wink
Trust me, I aint kidding  Shocked
Imagine a  bonfire and fireworks display all done by the council etc, then imagine the council have naff all to do with it and some loony got let loose with there imagination and did a HUGE display to VERY loud music  Cool

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 23:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

we may well nip up to see this,,,linz can drive home,,,lol,,,, Rolling Eyes
markymoan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having Teen problems, They want EHU in the caravan or I have to drive them home  Rolling Eyes
I even checked the premier inn and they are full  Sad
Ahh well, see you Saturday  Cool
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

markymoan wrote:
HUGE display to VERY loud music  Cool

25kW of Turbosound plus a 6kW delay stack of Adlib Audio - or in Col's words... enough bass to act as laxative's! (or words to that effect)
markymoan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 0:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I couldnt stay, man flu  Crying or Very sad
Have you got a Vid  Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events - ideas, reviews and photos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: