2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Green laning - this summer. up for it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crocket

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 16:43    Post subject: Green laning - this summer. up for it? Reply with quote

I know loads of green lanes now (easy and hard) and am going to start organising some days/weekends out this summer as I've got loads of mates who're up for it - especially weekend trips camping out.

Mostly the trails are in Derbyshire and Wales but a couple of us (the ones with the best recovery kit) are recceing loads more this spring.

If anyone is interested in joining in just let me know.
I'll post more details around March after researching more trails.

Some pics below of Welsh trails done in my Daihatsu and Delica.

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 16:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Dafydd Wynn Williams
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crocket

Playing in abandoned quarries and mineral workings is one thing, but destroying our beautiful and fragile diminishing countryside is another and does the ownership of a 4X4 a great disservice.

Dafydd W.W.
crocket

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you have just assumed that I am damaging the countryside, then?

I can't of course, speak for anyone other than myself but you know what, Dafydd? I've never been on anything other than a proper, vehicular right of way and have always left the trails as I found them or better.

The one picture taken where the Sportrak is bogged is on private land owned by my family so any damage done there is nothing to do with anyone else. (As are the other woodland shots - and they're not in Wales either).

You are, of course, entitled to your opinions but I suggest, if they are accusatory, that you keep them to yourself without first ascertaining all the facts about the subject on which you sermonize.
Dafydd Wynn Williams
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

crocket,

I dont need to assume you are damaging the countryside, your pics clearly and undeniably show that.

The ownership, whereabouts, and legality of entry are irrelevant to my way of thinking. Driving a vehicle on other than a normal road or old quarry etc will result in damaging the flora etc without just reason. This is the case even if it were on a full 'right of way',- if you had not passed by the track would be less disturbed. And to my mind playing in the countryside is not a just reason for the disturbance, - forestry, rescue, agricultultural, surveying and similar productive activities would be a different matter.

As you say, I am entitled to my opinion, but also to voice it, in what I intended to be a perfectly civil manner. Your response however has a sharpness of tongue which is not merited. We may dissagree, but we dont have to be uncivil.

Posts on this forum are almost always good natured, helpful, and often very humourous. Long may it continue.

Dafydd W.W.
siweb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same could be said for quarries, they was once nice countryside there till someone dug a big hole. And good on em give me some where to play Very Happy

As for green laning have never been.. but always fancied ago.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are hereby cordially invited to join my friends and I on one of our green lane days to see for yourself what we do and don't do.
This would, of course, be better than relying on prejudiced conjecture.

You may not want to avail yourself of my invitation come in which case I assume that you obviously know everything and I shall continue to wallow in my blissful ignorance and revere your superior knowledge about events to which you were not a party.

Maybe I should consult with you rather than the local councils as to which pieces of hallowed turf I may drive my car upon before I even consider venturing from anything other than tarmac.

My post was made to invite people who share my interests to join me and to make new friends and have some fun, perhaps not to argue about anything.

Incidentally, the only times we have EVER found a legal right of way to be impassable it has been due WITHOUT EXCEPTION to the deep ruts caused by tractors.

I'm sure that you'll reply with more of the same but, unless you'd like to come along for a friendly day out with us, the subject, for me, is closed.
siweb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

you talking to him "Dafydd Wynn Williams" or me?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Sorry siweb, Imean Dafydd, of course - we're online at the same time and you beat me to the next posting whilst I was still writing mine. Very Happy I'll be getting in touch in a month or so to all who express an interest in joining us for a day/weekender.
There's already quite a few, it'll be brilliant.
siweb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 19:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH Dear this post is going on the wrong track chaps we can all find fault with every 1 bombs,fuel firms making loads of money,chaps that drink 2 much Embarassed or dont drink at all, thus stopping our poor friends in the booze job earning a wage, 4x4s plowing the lanes up farmers poisening the rivers with phosphates and slurry.come on chaps pack it in.Frankie 8)Blinking good flicks though
crocket

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tha's reet of course Wink

Incidentally, on the subject of drinking......... I know it's not clever or big and all that but aren't teetotalers usually a strange and dour lot?

I believe that studies have shown that a glass of red wine every day does your heart good. Well, mine must be in great nick as I drink a bottle most days. Laughing
darren325

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the invitation is open to all, and virgins to offroad are welcome i would love to get my chelsea tractor mucky
Darren
crocket

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

The invitation's absolutely open to all and especially "virgins" - you'll have a ball. You never forget your first time Very Happy And I guarantee you'll be surprised at what you can do.

Seeing as how I'm getting a good response I'm planning to do two days out in Feb/ March but I need to talk to my other mates and arrange some equipment for recovery as we share it between us- don't worry, we don't usually need much.

There will be one in Wales which will all be easy/moderate routes and are suitable for unmodded 4x4s of any type except full-time 4wd vehicles without a centre diff. lock. Troopers will have a pretty easy time of it.

The other one will be in Derbyshire and will have a couple of very challenging sections best attempted by vehicles that have been lifted.
That said, if you are experienced, you can do it in an unmodded Bighorn that has 265/70x16 tyres with no damage - I did it ok but only just.
If you want to come on the Derbyshire run and don't want to do the hardest bits I'll give proper instructions on the way around them so that the day goes smoothly for all.

My mates and myself will be carrying all necessary recovery gear (but if you have some of your own it's always best to bring it with you) and some of them are very experienced and can offer good advice without being big "know alls" and spoiling the fun.

When I've got some dates sorted I'll post a note and let you all know but, if there are too many, I may split the runs over differing dates as if the groups are too large it slows everything down too much and doesn't portray too good an image.

All routes travelled will be legal, rights of way and I will check with the relevant councils firstly to ensure no TROs etc. all you'll have to do is turn up with plenty of packed lunches and have a nice day in the country.
darren325

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

well up 4 it count me in please.
my email is darrentattersall@hotmail.com if you need it.
cheers
darren
crocket

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please see new topic "Green laning days - dates sorted" for dates/venues if you're interested in a couple of good days out.

http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=20825#20825
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: