2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

V5C? HPI???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Non-Isuzu technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dieseldog69

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 13:55    Post subject: V5C? HPI??? Reply with quote

As some will know I have purchased a Discovery to cover the yard duties whilst the Trooper is treated to a long awaited ground up re-build.

I have a slight issue now though? I have the log book and am sending it off soon but I have a V5"C", I had the vehicle HPI checked and it came back clean as a proverbial whistle and it was all well and good as far as I was concerned, but upon inspecting the log book I became a little confused by the "C" and the "in your face" red front page.  

I thought a vehicle that had this type of log book had been accident damaged and repaired at some point and would have had this type of paper work allocated.

And it would have appeared on the HPI check.  

There is signs of light accident damage to its front plastic "A"bar and slight cracing to the valance on the bumper itself but absolutely no panel damage nor any signs of anything more severe than a low impact shunt with the garage door.

Anyone more schooled up than me any help a bonus.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 13:55    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

volksjim

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a new style of logbook to fit in with europe Shocked
dieseldog69

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 14:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what of the addition of a "C" to the V5, was lead to believe that meant it would have been a cat "C" accident damage???

Probably being OTT abt this but it cost me 6 quid for an HPI and if it dont do the jod it aint woth **** to a guy like me who uses the internet to buy cars!!!

When it involves me parting with cash I am tighter than a ducks ****  Laughing
griffter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope its the new log book style v5c if u google v5c  u can see all!
dieseldog69

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

happy days Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Thanks guys have had my doubts over the HPI system and you have sort of restored a little faith in it but I will always be wary.

Takes a long time to earn and a few minutes to spend, and I cant stand rip off merchants!!!!
Philp

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

It changed from a V5 to a V5C some years ago when they last changed document styles, probably about five years ago.  I understand the new lok one with the red front came in 15th August last year.  Unlike the last time they changed you don't need to change it for no reason, it'll just be re-issued as a new style one when you sell the vehicle or change address etc, the old one stays valid.

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/buying-and-selling/2010-08/new-v5c

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Non-Isuzu technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: