4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

new injectors

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dafydd Wynn Williams
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a fellow 4JX1 er, such stories restore ones faith, good to hear and well done I.M.

Good luck with the new parts and hope its a full and permanent cure.

Dafydd W.W.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 22:57    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Sav

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 23:17    Post subject: Injectors on grey imports Reply with quote

Mine finally goes in next Tuesday, but just for the injectors, I have not suceeded in the turbo, but am less worried as that seems a much rarer problem. One step at a time!! at least its on the system now. I'll have a chat with the dealer about me being informed of future recalls and post their opinion here.

Fleurdelyes you may have a bit of a wait yet, it has taken two months for the injectors to arrive and my local dealer to get authorization out of Isuzu Europe to fit them free of charge.

At least its the main worry solved for me!! Good luck!!

Sav.
dab
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 23:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
who was that you spoke to? they usually seem pretty cagey about the 3.0l

dab.
Quote:

If you look under "Engine Disasters", you will see summary of written responses I've got from Isuzu UK.
I put everything in writing, just in case. My engine now at 34k miles and perfect so far ..... but niggles remain.
Fleurdelyes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 14:38    Post subject: Re: Injectors on grey imports Reply with quote

Sav wrote:
Mine finally goes in next Tuesday, but just for the injectors, I have not suceeded in the turbo, but am less worried as that seems a much rarer problem. One step at a time!! at least its on the system now. I'll have a chat with the dealer about me being informed of future recalls and post their opinion here.

Fleurdelyes you may have a bit of a wait yet, it has taken two months for the injectors to arrive and my local dealer to get authorization out of Isuzu Europe to fit them free of charge.

At least its the main worry solved for me!! Good luck!!

Sav.

Sav,

I have spoken today to Isuzu Europe and they have already sent the injectors to the dealer. It's taekn three working days....The car will be booked in tomorrow and the faults rectified, i'm well chuffed. Laughing There seems to be a big difference in the approach of the dealers to be fair. Isuzu Europe can't be helpful enough .. And thats with a parallel import 8)
jjcymru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think ill buy a 3.0 diesel next instead of a 3.1 trooper, especially with all the positive comments within this post. Congrats to all who have succeeded.
Dafydd Wynn Williams
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like you JJC I have been heartened by more recent developments in the injectors saga, to the extent that for the last 6 weeks (it takes a long time for me to spend any money) I have been inpecting a 53 plate 4JX1 swb Duty with only 24k & 1 owner and meticulously maintained. Same colour as my commercial so no one will notice I have two Confused Confused

I think I may go and have a 5th look tomorrow!

Dafydd W.W.
Fleurdelyes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjcymru wrote:
i think ill buy a 3.0 diesel next instead of a 3.1 trooper, especially with all the positive comments within this post. Congrats to all who have succeeded.

Cars gone in and they informed me that they have started the work... Just waiting now. They are doing a service for me aswell and if anything is not as it should be ... it's covered by the dealers warranty and they are going to do that swell. Fandabbidosey 8)
Dafydd Wynn Williams
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 18:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are your Dealers Fleurdeleys? They sound very efficient so far.

If they perform as well as they promise they should be worth patronising, You are only a couple of hours away from me & I have little faith in my local dealership.

Dafydd W.W.
Fleurdelyes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dafydd Wynn Williams wrote:

If they perform as well as they promise they should be worth patronising, You are only a couple of hours away from me & I have little faith in my local dealership.

Dafydd W.W.

Hi,

The dealers that are doing the work are Showells in Lye (01384) 422488. The bloke to speak to is the service bod, his name is Matthew and is a top bloke. They are really obliging and have been nothing short of fantastic. I must also say that Isuzu Europe were very helpful aswell. I have had no problems with anybody to do with Isuzu so far ( which is more than I can say for Vauxhall ).... 8)
Fleurdelyes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fleurdelyes wrote:
Dafydd Wynn Williams wrote:

Dafydd W.W.

Hi,

The dealers that are doing the work are Showells in Lye (01384) 422488. The bloke to speak to is the service bod, his name is Matthew and is a top bloke. They are really obliging and have been nothing short of fantastic. I must also say that Isuzu Europe were very helpful aswell. I have had no problems with anybody to do with Isuzu so far ( which is more than I can say for Vauxhall ).... 8)

The car came back Saturday as promised ... It seems to have been sorted as far as I can tell. The blokes at the garage were on it all Friday and rang me yesterday. I am well chuffed. I will now see what recall stuff comes through. cheers. P.s Didn't have to shell out a brass cent.... 8)
Sav

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's been done now (eventually!!)

Barratt's of Canterbury tell me my 'Grey' on the UK system, so I should hear of future recalls.

Strongly suspect I'll keep checking the oil level and watching here!! 8)
Originalcoot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just picked my '99 Trooper up from Crossroad garage, Shipston-on-Stour. It's had all the recall work carried out FOC.

Apparently the new injectors have a failure rate of less than 2%, but the old ones have a failure rate of 39% !

I must say a big thankyou to everyone here for all the advice. Very Happy
RichardW

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that there is a party line being spun, i challenged this and after speaking to IM who quote" people who made a fuss had the injectors changed" phoned a local dealer and have got an appointment for the injector replacement an ceramic heater mods on tuesday 28th Feb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: