2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

j.eep problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Non-Isuzu technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rabbitt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 13:48    Post subject: j.eep problem Reply with quote

A mate of mine has a j.eep cherokee sport 2.5 petrol ( manual  )

now when you pull away and get the clutch fully releaced it judders for a second then takes off as normal , it also does it in 2nd and 3rd

it only started doing this yesterday ?

we have checked that no pipes have come off and it has fuel in ect but cant put our finger on whats up with it

any help ideas at this point would be great
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 13:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

markymoan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 13:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rubber mountings?
Do they have a duel mass flywheel?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 14:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or has it been through water? That can make a clutch judder. I'd probably put my money on Marks suggestion of a mounting though.

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
DYLAN

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 14:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also oil contamination can do it, Or something gone amiss with the Prop shaft

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
markymoan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its a normal clutch then the spings could be shot, normally cause by sitting with your foot on the clutch.
So
Mountings
Oil leak(contamination)
Clutch itself
dodgy joint on drivetrain

You can ask the audience, phone a freind or go 50/50  Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

If and only if you been driving it rabbit the its had it !

Oi rekons its the rear diff . Rolling Eyes
paul 666

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

All 4x4s EAT rear diffs, that's why I bought the Trooper, I've had two Grand Cherokee's one ate two rear diffs, the other ate the torque convertor and the front prop. Used to make this lovely hum hum noise on the motorway. I decided on getting shot of the rangerover to buy a 4.7l V8 and guess what, yep rear diff sounded like a flamin tumble dryer when I went to collect it - thank you eebuygum for dragging me 300 miles after telling me porkies (no mate nothing wrong with the engine, boxes or diffs). Hence me saying sod it (can I say that on here admin?) and going for something that was a total change - and getting the best 4x4 I've owned. Bare in mind this is my 43rd car or motorcycle. So to sum up 4x4s all eat diffs - especially rears, the box's are prone to chomping mountings, the 4.0l straight six from 99 to 02 is prone to munching piston rings (sounds like timing chain rattle when cold on idle) and the diesels up to around 01ish eat cylinder heads (2.5 diesel) The newer you get the better they are but I will not buy another - oh and if you have a GC and the heaters don't work it's £300 for all the dash and a truck load of electrics etc all have to come out PLUS they are prone to the drain hole going in the bottom of the heater box breaks and they fill all the dash electrics that are lower than the heater base with water. Last thing I can think of is that some Cherokees and the mk2 GC's like to crack the drivers door wiring so windows etc all play up. These are not all faults I had - only some the rest were common faults on the 4x4 forum.
richard wilkinson

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 23:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul 666 wrote:
All 4x4s EAT rear diffs, that's why I bought the Trooper, I've had two Grand Cherokee's one ate two rear diffs, the other ate the torque convertor and the front prop. Used to make this lovely hum hum noise on the motorway. I decided on getting shot of the rangerover to buy a 4.7l V8 and guess what, yep rear diff sounded like a flamin tumble dryer when I went to collect it - thank you eblag for dragging me 300 miles after telling me porkies (no mate nothing wrong with the engine, boxes or diffs). Hence me saying sod it (can I say that on here admin?) and going for something that was a total change - and getting the best 4x4 I've owned. Bare in mind this is my 43rd car or motorcycle. So to sum up 4x4s all eat diffs - especially rears, the box's are prone to chomping mountings, the 4.0l straight six from 99 to 02 is prone to munching piston rings (sounds like timing chain rattle when cold on idle) and the diesels up to around 01ish eat cylinder heads (2.5 diesel) The newer you get the better they are but I will not buy another - oh and if you have a GC and the heaters don't work it's £300 for all the dash and a truck load of electrics etc all have to come out PLUS they are prone to the drain hole going in the bottom of the heater box breaks and they fill all the dash electrics that are lower than the heater base with water. Last thing I can think of is that some Cherokees and the mk2 GC's like to crack the drivers door wiring so windows etc all play up. These are not all faults I had - only some the rest were common faults on the 4x4 forum.

id take me chances with all of that for the 1 with the 5.7l hemi in it lol
paul 666

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

5.7 hemi - sorry pause needed as dribble runs over my chin. Yes if money (for servicing and repairs) was no problem I would not mind one for summer, but would also need to use a false name on the V5 - you'd see that many bulbs flash behind you, would have to get a bill oddy mask like clarkson for the specs cameras. Guy in Lincolnshie has one that I've seen with a sports stainless exhaust(s) on it, I think the tarmac cracks in front of it and runs away!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Non-Isuzu technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: