QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Paid Greenlaning???????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 14:43    Post subject: Paid Greenlaning??????? Reply with quote

We were laning yesterday around Derbyshire, doing some lanes we don't usually do and twice we bumped into a group out laning on a paid and organised venture. The second time we bumped into them I asked one of the group how much they had paid for a day out, which judging by the look on the organisers face didn't go down overly well, but the answer was £49 per vehicle, I'm in the wrong job for sure.

There were seven (possibly eight) LR's in the group including Akela  Shocked , so that's just shy of £300 (or £350) for a days laning and I don't recall reading anywhere in the Greenlane code of conduct that driving in small groups only applies if you're out with your mates and if they're daft enough to pay you can take as many as you want.

We've bumped into these tours a few times in different areas of the country and they seem to be getting popular.

A nice day out all the same, I had a rambler close a gate in front of me and give me the vickies, which tickled me, a change from just being miserable I suppose, although I've got to say I've never really had a bad experience with ramblers, I'm always polite towards them and if they want to be miserable, then that's their prerogative. I once gave a rambler a ride down Chapelgate and he loved it, they were watching us approach at the top, so I asked if any of them wanted to get in and try it, one fella did, fair play to him.

And we bumped into a fair few groups of French lads out on their bikes yesterday............tosseurs en crosseurs  Very Happy  (Just a joke, I don't mind them either)
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 14:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

TrooperDan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 23:11    Post subject: Re: Paid Greenlaning??????? Reply with quote

Wilky wrote:

There were seven (possibly eight) LR's in the group including Akela  Shocked ,

against GLASS rules too
richard wilkinson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 20:41    Post subject: Re: Paid Greenlaning??????? Reply with quote

TrooperDan wrote:
Wilky wrote:

There were seven (possibly eight) LR's in the group including Akela  Shocked ,

against GLASS rules too

agree but glass can only give guidlines
hillbilly col
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's a bloke up here on another 4x4 site that charges about £30 to take you out laning  Shocked
he say's your paying for his expertise ect if your a novice ..... untill myself and adz got our mem maps we often thought about following him to get to no the lanes in our area and he wouldn't be able to do a thing about it  Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: