QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Green laning days - dates sorted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crocket

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:06    Post subject: Green laning days - dates sorted Reply with quote

A friend and myself have now sorted out a couple of days in March for green laning trips.
Rather than put off newbies with a weekender we thought it best to do two day trips.

First day will be in Wales on Saturday March 25th and will all be easy trails that can be done in newer vehicles with very little risk of damage.
If that whets your appetite, join us on day two on Sunday 26th in Derbyshire for the more challenging stuff.

Do either, one day or both - up to you but we promise fun.

Anyone who wishes to come please let me know on this post and I'll send further details to you by private message. Please only say if you can pretty definitely come as we'd like to control the group sizes a little so we don't annoy anyone, thanks. That said, even if we split up into groups, we can still all meet for lunch and have a good chinwag.

Please see the following posts where some of us have already discussed this and please read this post http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2979 for a code of conduct.
We can still have a lot of fun without being irresponsible and the emphasis for these days is very much friendly, family days out in the countryside.
If you want to go mad, go to an old quarry Twisted Evil

http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3152
http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3129
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

darren325

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

wahay
count me in pls
but ive a wife and 4 kids would that be a problem?
crocket

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 22:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'll be sound, mate. As I said, a nice day in t'country is the plan - I might be bringing the kids too.
It's all safe stuff and the kids always like the river crossings - no matter how many times you do it, it still seems wierd driving your car in a river. Very Happy
lesdecks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:45    Post subject: Laning on March 25th Reply with quote

Sounds great, please count me in both days ,
Chrisuzu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:53    Post subject: Green Laning Reply with quote

Would like to make one on the 26th if there is any room still, I am a newbie to off roading so would the one in Derbyshire be too challenging for a newbie, only asking cos i live in derbyshire so its the most convienient one for me....if so can always make another day..!
ian roby

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

when and were will the wales one be please i,am very interested
ian roby

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry i would just like to know what dates and where does it start or end in wales as in south wales or northwales i cant seem to find this info i,ve read the code of conduct bit and all the links am i overlooking something here Sad
ian roby

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

way hayy found it ((Saturday March 25th )) but where !!
crocket

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 18:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

see new message
crocket

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay,peeps,

the plans've had to change a little so now we are only doing the one day in Derbyshire which will be Saturday 25th March.
Wales will be saved for a later date as I've not had the time to speak to the councils or anything in that area re: TRO's and such like.

Some of the routes may be a little too much for shiny's (although, if you know what you're doing, you'll be ok - at least on 265/75 tyres as I've done all these trails damage free before - it just takes a little more planning in a few spots) but the really hard bits can easily be circumnavigated and there are loads of easy trails.

Any of you that would like to join us please send me a PM with your approximate area so I can work out where best and at what time for you to meet up with the rest of us.

As I said in earlier posts, my friends and I will be carrying all necessary recovery gear but, if you have anything, please bring it with you.

I'll reply to all your PM's with full plans but the emphasis is less on regimented planning than on having a nice, family day in the countryside and behaving ourselves and staying legal.

Checkout some of the pics by clicking on the link below, if you like, but they were taken when it was snowing so don't show the stunning scenery.

http://spaces.msn.com/crockets-stuff/photos/

See ya,
crocket.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: