QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Ceramic Heater recall not done properly ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 17:28    Post subject: Ceramic Heater recall not done properly ?? Reply with quote

Mine went in for the Heater recall some time ago, and ever since I've not been convinced that the heater has been working.

So, I thought, whilst I'm rebuilding the centre console following some remodelling by the local stereo thieves, I'd check the wiring to the heater.....

Sure enough, neither the heater power wires ( the red and black HD wires ) nor the "full hot" switch wires ( the two green wires ) are connected to anything.

The strange part is.....There is no sign anywhere of the connectors that these two should be plugged into, or even any wires that remotely resemble them.

I know it has nothing to do with the stereo being yanked out, as I noticed these two connectors before that, I just needed to confirm that they were the heater wires.

Anybody got any ideas as to exactly what the recall was supposed to involve ?, because it is looking to me like the job was only half done.

"Tongue-tied and Twisted; just an Earth-bound misfit,  I..."
 -  PF

LTM # 000002
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 17:28    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Grandad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

the large black and red wires the plugs should have been cut off and the wires joined back together with crimped joiners and a short piece of wire added in to make up the length
the smaller plug should not have been touched
Twister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just the thing, there's no wires there for them to join to.

Oh well, another trip back to the dealers  Rolling Eyes .

-  PF

LTM # 000002
Grandad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 0:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it worked before the wires must be there not tucked behind the sound proofing  Question normally that plug is right on the bulkhead
Twister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 15:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just phoned the dealers who did the work , and they reckon it was done in Nov 06, and the recall involved fitting a new ceramic heater  Question  Confused .

-  PF

LTM # 000002
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

useless *beep* it doesn't involve a new ceramic heater at all just as grandad said it's cut the plug out and rejoin the ends with 2 pieces of wire you get in the kit and 4 crimpable rings
Twister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is dragging up an old thread, but I've finally got it sorted ( ish  Rolling Eyes  )

Just spent the whole day going through the wiring for the ceramic heater. I've had both fuse boxes out, and pretty much all of the dash apart trying to trace wiring to finally get it working again. I was going to rewire it, but getting to the feed off the back of the fan switch looked like being a real *beep*. Also I wanted to know why I couldn't find the original loom  Confused .

Found it eventually. The two plugs had been disconnected, and the loom stuffed up behind the heater box !  Whoever the Tosspot was at the main dealer who did this even went to the trouble of putting the loom inside the main harness clips and taping round it so it looked like part of the main loom Shocked .

Problem sorted finally  Very Happy , but the dealer in question is going to get an earfull on Monday (It's going to take me all day tomorrow to put it all back together  Rolling Eyes ) , and then they can do the recall properly .

-  PF

LTM # 000002
wicklamulla

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twister wrote:
I know this is dragging up an old thread, but I've finally got it sorted ( ish  Rolling Eyes  )

Just spent the whole day going through the wiring for the ceramic heater. I've had both fuse boxes out, and pretty much all of the dash apart trying to trace wiring to finally get it working again. I was going to rewire it, but getting to the feed off the back of the fan switch looked like being a real *beep*. Also I wanted to know why I couldn't find the original loom  Confused .

Found it eventually. The two plugs had been disconnected, and the loom stuffed up behind the heater box !  Whoever the Tosspot was at the main dealer who did this even went to the trouble of putting the loom inside the main harness clips and taping round it so it looked like part of the main loom Shocked .

Problem sorted finally  Very Happy , but the dealer in question is going to get an earfull on Monday (It's going to take me all day tomorrow to put it all back together  Rolling Eyes ) , and then they can do the recall properly .

Hello Twister,  i've just read your tale of woe and wondered how your return visit to the dealer turned out  ???  Cheers Wick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: