Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Turbo Timer Wiring question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbw13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 21:27    Post subject: Turbo Timer Wiring question Reply with quote

Hi all,

Trying to fit a turbo timer to the old beast. 1990 machine so it's an old wagon.

The turbo timer I've got a hold of came out of a different vehicle of the exact same age, model, UBS55 and so on. Japanese Import bearing in mind.

Blowed if I know where the cables need to go, somewhere under the steering colum I'm guessing, but where to from here?

Blue, green+yellow, red, brown. 4 wires. The functions on the timer are timer on /off, kill switch, and of course the 1-3-5 minute timer switch.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 21:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jjcymru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

red and brown sound like live and earth, dont count me on that.

Thats all you need is to run one wire to the stop solenoid to keep the engine running with the key out, and then the box switches off the supply thats it.

The others are for actually powering the unit itself up.
Philp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just be aware that a turbo timer may invalidate your theft insurance as they don't like you leaving the engine running, check with your insurers first. Same is true of remote start systems.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
mbw13

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the help guys. Wink

I'll check with the insurance company this morning. They're a company who insure so called high performance vehicles and show cars, all that sought of thing. They're the only company that would give me a reasonable rate when I had the old Trooper with the 2.6 petrol. The mainstream companies told me that it was a "high powered vehicle" Laughing Don't get me wrong it did have some balls at times, but compared to some little 1.8L Jap wonder, it had nothing.
Shorts

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philp wrote:
Just be aware that a turbo timer may invalidate your theft insurance as they don't like you leaving the engine running, check with your insurers first. Same is true of remote start systems.

Don't TTs have a kill switch that is activated when the brake pedal is depressed? (I recall reading that somewhere). And one would need to depress the brake pedal to shift the vehicle into gear, so that'd kill the engine.

Anyhow, I think that's how my TT works. I'll try it out for curiosity's sake. But the other night when my husband drove my truck, he had his size 10.5 on the brake when he turned off the truck and it immediately shut down. Which shouldn't have happened for the amount of driving we did. The truck shoulda idled.

Insurance carriers are always looking for the easy way out
Rolling Eyes

'96 Isuzu Wizard 3.1TD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: