4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Mechanic required for Diesel in Cooling system

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jk9001

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:25    Post subject: Mechanic required for Diesel in Cooling system Reply with quote

Hi,

I have what appears to be a 'common' problem in that I have diesel in the cooling system. I have the 4JX1 engine, and the radiator and expansion vessel are pretty much full of pure diesel. The engine runs fine and doesn't overheat.

I have read all the threads about what it could be, but I am only a DIY mechanic at best! Does anyone know of a mechanic who knows this engine in the Birmingham / S. Birmingham area? Preferably not a dealership as they tend to be very expensive.

I want to get a definitive answer as to what the problem is and the costs of repairing it. Also, Im quite happy to cover their time to diagnose the problem.

Or, do you think taking the head off is possible for an experienced DIYer?

Many Thanks!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:25    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DYLAN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of our members had the same problem and went down the route of replacing the sleeve seals (i think) and head gasket head bolts and it turned out to be a cracked head so it's not quite as simple as one would imagine.

Adz will tell you more when he comes on Wink

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
TrooperDan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its worth doing the sleeve seals to find out. £50 in parts and consumables, its a DIY and give yourself a day to do it.

You'll need to borrow a sleeve puller from Pete88 or myself and get some seals from a dealer.

We'll talk you through it.  Smile  

then if it continues its the head but at least you'll know for not much cash.
adz1973
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Dan says start with the sleeve seals and fingers crossed for you it sorts it out. ONLY BUY GENUINE o rings copper seals etc, not worth the hassle of buying cheap for the sake of a tenner or so.

Your in the right hands here so good luck.

Myself, Dan and Pete spent a lot of time on my truck with this problem and I wasn't lucky so hopefully you will be, keep us posted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: