Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Water blowing from expansion tank

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JACUB

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh dear,  Sad
got a secondhand head, cleaned it up and lapped valves in yesterday all looking good, got new gasket kit and new head bolts all ready for today. Stripped old head off and found the real culprit of my problems, a bloody cracked cylinder liner. Not a happy bunny. I noticed some discolouration of the liner in the area of failure the last time I stripped the head off but didn't even consider a cracked liner. I think its been a long time coming and probably linked to the fact one of the valves had been replaced for that cylinder. Don't know what to do now,  get another engine or just call it a day. Got a years MOT but its 20 yrs old. Crying or Very sad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 20:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jacksdad1963

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't give up now!
You've done all the hard work, pretty much like I did....why sell it to someone else to enjoy it now?  Wink
Don't do all the graft then sell it!  Shocked
JACUB

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the support Jacksdad, I have discussed the issue with my finance director AKA the wife and she said I can get it sorted. So secondhand engine or enginr rebuild? I dont fancy my chances at replacing liners. Had a quick look on youtube and some say cooling the liners with liquid Nitrogen allows them to just drop in, mmmmm might be a bit beyond my skill set Rolling Eyes
JACUB

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not wanting to hijack the original post but just an update. Bought a secondhand engine, fitted the head I had prepared earlier and finally back on the road yesterday. No hard hoses or gassing out the expansion tank. Very Happy
Malcolm
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff.  Smile Its great you are back up and running again.
Browndoff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 23:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to issue of water blowing out of tank - I had a similar problem and it went away when I replaced the rad-cap [the rubber-seal was faulty].

Only GAS can make it blow out. Either it's combustion-gas - caused by a leaky head-gasket - which should be detectable with a Hydro-Carbon 'sniff-test' at the overflow-tank. Alternatively, it could, perhaps, be AIR which is leaking in through porous pipes [or badly-sealed pipes] when the hot engine is cooling-down - and then becoming pressurised when the engine heats-up again. This high-pressure hot air then blows out any water in its way to the open tank.

That theory might explain things for those with water blowing out in SMALL quantities - but it would 'settle-down' on a longer journey and NOT explain the loss of 4-5 litres. I'm afraid the big loss of water MUST be down to a blown Head-Gasket - however new it might be!
ethel610

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update, got rid of ours just couldnt rely on car.  Now have a Kia Sorento, just needed a change as had really bad luck with 3 isuzu's.  Cant fault the kia (so far) much as we loved the room and size of the Isuzu.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: