QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

meet burt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rick 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 20:52    Post subject: meet burt Reply with quote

this is my isuzu trooper its a 3.1td manual affectionately named "burt" by my friend who bought it
about ten years ago..it was immaculate when he bought it.but it has spent most of its
life in heavy woodland..and for the past couple of years its actually filled in for the broken
down tractor at his wood yard towing a tractor trailer loaded with timber every day through
muddy woodlands ..eventfully this started to take its toll..and when the clutch started to slip
he laid it up in the yard..

id always loved this 4x4 .its just been so reliable..its never missed a beat so we bartered i bought it for £400 with m.o.t. !!
although it ran perfectly it was in a bit of a mess..so i drove it home and took a look....

i was surprised to see it had :

a snapped auxiliary belt !!
brake pads on the metal
two broken rear springs
a VERY bent exhaust
worn bushes and ball joints
three slow punchers
and a slipping clutch

this is the truck when i got it (it looks alot cleaner in the pictures than it actually is)

so..i replaced all of the above ..i did get a bit carried away..and when i replaced the rear springs i added a two inch lift
and 33 inch tryes ..removed the rear bumper ...this is the truck now

ts the most reliable car ive ever owned..and after the stress of driving a lowered (Mercedes) 190E around town..not wanting to leave it
in car parks ect..its just so much fun to have something you can just use and not worry..it makes it so much fun to drive

i love it !!!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 20:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: