4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Bighorn 3.2 petrol - Parts availability

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other Trooper queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnut

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 21:38    Post subject: Bighorn 3.2 petrol - Parts availability Reply with quote

Hello to all,

My name is Frans and I live in The Netherlands. I am considering to import a used 4x4 vehicle from Japan, and the Isuzu Bighorn 3.2 petrol is one of the options. The 3.5 would be nicer, but I would be after a car manufactured before 1998 as the procedure for importing cars of a more recent year is rather complicated and expensive in The Netherlands.

I'm still reading up on the issues that plague this model, but for now one important subject to address is parts availability. Two questions come to mind:

1) would it be safe to say that parts for the Vauxhall/Opel Monterey can generally be used for the Isuzu Bighorn, or are there many differences?
2) how is the parts availability for these models:
   a) do Isuzu/Opel/Vauxhall in the UK (and on the European continent, if anybody knows anything about this) stock parts, or is it often necessary to have parts ordered from Japan?
   b) are there any problem areas, i.e. parts which are not available even from Japan?

As far as I am aware, the Monterey was not exactly a bestseller on the continent, but perhaps things are different in the UK. I'd be grateful if you could shed some light on this, many thanks !

Regards,
Frans
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 21:38    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

pighauler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt you will have much luck getting parts from Vauxhall/Opel as they finished with this engine in 1997 and never held much stock as the petrol engines were not popular, I think the USA/Australia is better for parts availability, search Honda Passport as well as Isuzu Rodeo which also used this engine
Carnut

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

pighauler wrote:
I doubt you will have much luck getting parts from Vauxhall/Opel as they finished with this engine in 1997 and never held much stock as the petrol engines were not popular, I think the USA/Australia is better for parts availability, search Honda Passport as well as Isuzu Rodeo which also used this engine

It turns out that you are right, unfortunately. I received replies from the Isuzu and the Opel import organisations, in fact they both advise against buying a Monterey/Trooper/Bighorn. They cannot guarantee that parts are or will be available. Amazing really, for a car that was sold all over the world.

Too bad, I'll have to find myself something else  Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other Trooper queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: