Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

4xj1 injector replacement issues. Smmmmmooookkkkeeee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leeisuzu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:57    Post subject: 4xj1 injector replacement issues. Smmmmmooookkkkeeee Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
So i have been working on my Dad 02 trooper 3.1. We diagnosed the car with an injector down a few weeks back so decided to change out some of the injectors. The injectors after click testing  appeared to be fine.
So changed out the dodgy one and also another. All click tested lovely and have been programmed with tech 2.
The car ticks ove lovely and runs fine under load, however once up to temp and on a run shes blowing a ton of blue smoke.
Previously the car produced hardly any smoke(well usual deisel smoke)
All new copper seals etc used also.
We've blanked the egr, checkes for air leaks in fuel line, flushed the intercooler and turbo appears fine.
There dosent seem to be any diesel in the oil and hasnt risen.
So basically were desperate for any help/advice on what to try next.
I was considering pulling the sleeves but cant imagine changing the injectors would affect them.

Thanks in advance. Cheers Lee
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:57    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue is oil so have you tried running it with out the intercooler on to eliminate the turbo
Swbeuro2commercial

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you are aware there is someone else in the same boat as you (me)
Only mild success was taking the circle flap out of the throttle body. But, as you say it smokes worst when warmed up!
Swbeuro2commercial

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to say have learned this week that if the copper washers haven't seated fully then there may be symptoms.
Clear hose on the return line at the back of the head to look for bubbles. Clear line on hose from filter to engine. If no bubbles on way in but bubbles after may be copper washers not seated right.
Waiting on some new clear hose in post tomorrow to test mine.
Leeisuzu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 15:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys.
Yes tested without intercooler willgive  the return with clear pipe and report bk cheers
Leeisuzu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update which is well noted in other posts.
So my Dad, after warming up the car for a few hours took it for a long but smokey run and on the next start up the smoke vanished.
Only possible thing is there was oil/diesel chucked all over the place and just needed to be burnt out.
Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: