Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

ABS Wiring Burnt Out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OccasionalLurker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 15:32    Post subject: ABS Wiring Burnt Out Reply with quote

A few months ago I had a problem with one of the fuses in the cab box of my 1996 Trooper Citation (254,000 miles and counting) repeatedly blowing (it was C4 ELEC IG - there's a thread about it elsewhere)  which I thought I'd solved with the help of the manual .pdf. It appears I declared victory too soon.

The other day there was a strong smell of burning and quite a bit of smoke in the cabin, the car was pulled over and immediately switched off (possibly an error in hindsight  Laughing ).
Getting it back to the yard I discovered that while it started and ran all the functions that fed off the C4 fuse were kaput and the fuse itself was completely melted, implying a pretty big short.
I've ruled out the windows, the rear demister and the heated mirrors leaving just the ABS system.

Following the burnt-out wires from the back of the fuse box, across the underside of the dash, through the bulkhead on the passenger's side, around the n/s battery and under the engine I have deduced that the wire probably goes to a switch/sensor at the front of the driver's side of the gearbox labelled "TRANSMISSION SW-1,2" in the workshop manual.

My problem is that the car is due it's MoT soon but will fail with duff ABS so I'd like to know what the "TRANSMISSION SW-1,2" does and whether it can be bypassed/rewired to get the ABS functioning without replacing the wiring loom or laying a new wire that travels nine or ten feet round the vehicle just to get the three or four feet from the fuse box to the gearbox.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 15:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Mahorn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also be interested in an answer to your question. Any taker?
Mahorn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 15:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mahorn wrote:
I would also be interested in an answer to your question. Any taker?

My impression is there is some electrical problem with the sotf, shift on the fly in the front axle, which is shorting the circuit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: