All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Trooper 3.0 4jx1 engine issues.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrooperMurphy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 22:13    Post subject: Trooper 3.0 4jx1 engine issues. Reply with quote

New to this forum.  The information I got from this site has been really helpful already
as I have just become the owner of an Isuzu Trooper 3.0 4JX1.  I have deactivated the EGR valve and removed the butterfly from the trottle body, the engine is now much more responsive but the issue I am having is when the engine is idling it can rev up and down and at times just cut-out.  I checked the flash code and it's showing error code 75.  Looking at the manual, code 75 is Idle SW Malfunction, can anyone explain this error?  Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 22:13    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

idle switch im pretty sure is built in to the pedal position sensor which is normally extremely reliable, huntiln and cutting out is normally a sign the oil rail pressure sensor is on it's way out
TrooperMurphy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have the hunting and the cutting out sorted by disconnecting the two red and grey connectors on the transmission.  One plug is for the reversing lights and the other is gear 1 gear 2 I think. Not sure at all why disconnecting them would help the engine.
I also have code 47 which is SW transmission Malfunction. This error was also there before disconnecting the two plugs.
Does anybody know what the gear 1/2 sensor is doing.
Also have the slow starting first thing in the morning, working my way through that with some new diesel pipes, one way valves and of course a service with 5w30 oil. The Trooper I bought has been parked up for the the last 11 years so I'll might have my work cut out me..
TrooperMurphy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to say error code 75 is no longer present after the two plugs in the transmission were disconnected.
TrooperMurphy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update, initially I had two flash code errors 75 and 47, engine hunting and cutting out. After read this forum and seeing that someone had disconnected the wires on the transmission for something similar I decided to try it. Frist I disconnected the neutral switch and reversing lights, this seems to have cured my hunting and cutting out issue  also error code 75 is gone.
Secondly after finding out which switch was which I reconnected the reversing lights and disconnected the gear 1 gear 2 sensor, doing this has cleared error code 47.
I haven't driven the trooper much as of yet but it seem to be running good. Does anybody know what problems I'm going to see when driving with the neutral switch and gear 1/2 switch disconnected. Thanks in advance for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: