2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Bighorn auto no overdrive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smudger096

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:36    Post subject: Bighorn auto no overdrive Reply with quote

Hi all, I have a 93 bighorn auto that engages all 4 gears, but is running 3100rpm at 62mph, the switch behind the gear selector does nothing when pressed, any ideas please?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

placebouk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

When was last time you did a full ATF flush? Believe in total is 8ltrs to flush the entire system.
If you just drop sump you only replacing approx 3 ltr?

Your oil shud be red/pink and smell sweet!
If is browning or smells burnt it needs a change.

Since you mention rev and speed i would rule out speed sensors in the box playing up.
Other areas to check could be temp sensors believe there is 2 for auto, been while since i looked at my truck or had a play. But the OD system is reliant on temp aswell.

After this i would suggest checking wiring harness too the box, runs passenger near firewall, down under truck and then along truck and into the box itself to the solenoids internally in the box but also splita off to the inhibitor switch on the drivers side the box and a few other sensors which i forget what  are.

Make sure all wires are in good condition, actually feel along the entire length of the wires

When i did mine i had to repair 5 weak points/breakages in wiring that was degrading from age.

Last stop would be to strip the inhibitor/neutral start switch off the box and carefully, open it up and clean it, regresse it with dielectric grease and put it back on. They get twitchy when full gunk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: