QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

inherent or not

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jo Jack

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 13:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ours happened last March, and at that point Isuzu were not admitting a problem. Our Dealer got us 25% goodwill payment on the bill, and then rebuilt the engine.
It was only when I returned for our next service, and asked a few more questions, that they said that they'd been under the impression that we were going to sell the car and had done what they had had to do to get the car back on the road!! They then said if I was hoping to get another 118,000 miles on the car, then I was sadly mistaken and how long was a piece of string....I might get 20,000!!
I stupidly left all the negotiations to my husband and the dealer, which was daft as I was the one reading up on this site!
As this last year has progressed and I see others getting much better deals, I feel quite sick! I still have my car, but occasionally, I do wonder what else could go wrong and where!
Good luck with your fight,
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 13:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jackie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 14:10    Post subject: probs Reply with quote

hi , jo, sorry about your probs too Crying or Very sad we are going to try and sell ours within the next month Confused not sure how that will go? but we are going to be totally honest bout the probs, because i wouldnt want to put someone else in the same situation, but saying that ,my trooper is running great, and nothing wrong with it all now, but thats only because we put things right Embarassed apart from the recall , which we are still waiting for!
but it does make you feel gutted............
Dafydd Wynn Williams
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackie,

Inherant, in mechanical spheres, means something which is a feature of the design or materials. I would have thought it almost impossible for IM to claim (now) that the Injector problem was not inherant. They might have been successful years back before such a history as there now is was built up, and they have confirmed their acceptance by the recall now in progress.

I am still puzzled that there is any dispute as to their responsibility, (by IM) unless there is some other aspect of the story we are missing.

As I see it, all recent events have been helpfull to your case to a degree which leaves IM with no argument.

You say, you are sueing IM, I think. What is your solicitor saying at the moment? and does he have access to all the reports on this site on the 'campaign' works in progress?

I, we all, will be interested in your outcome.

Dafydd.
jackie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi dafydd, this has been with solicitors for 3 years Crying or Very sad which at that time isuzu as we believe were not interested in the prob, solicitor said we had a claim against the dealer, under the sale of goods act! .car should have been of good quality and lasted longer than 4 months Twisted Evil , as you would expect the dealer has been fighting us all the way.
only when i found this web site Very Happy , that i thought our luck might change.
both sides us and them agreed to a independent car engineer Embarassed
to look at the case,he favoured the dealer, as he said" the prob with the car wasnt inherent", if that turned out to be that the prob was inherent then we and solicitoir can go back with a better outlook!
i have to give solicitor this web adress so he can see all Mad Shocked
will keep you all informed
IsuzuNutter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackie,

Is the vehicle a UK vehicle?
jackie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, its an import, but sold to us as uk car!!!!!!!!! only found out it wasnt when we rang isuzu uk. thats another part of the sale of goods act,MISOLD Embarassed
jackie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

spoke to gary miller this afternoon from isuzu europe ,still waiting for delivery from japan! he is adament the problem with the 3.0 is not inherent , but he would say that , wouldnt he ???????? Evil or Very Mad
but did say we are top of his list for the work Very Happy
IsuzuNutter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 16:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has it had all the campaign work carried out?
jackie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi , no, hasnt had any work done on it all, apart from the new engine we had put in 3 years ago. its now on the recall list, and from what i understand the new engine we had put in, isnt any good either!!!!!!!!
why do you think the prob is not inherent? i would love to know your reasons Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: