All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

UNDERSEALING

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coyletangles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 20:08    Post subject: UNDERSEALING Reply with quote

Please excuse my very basic question, I have recently accquired a Bighorn LWB import, I have been told that the undersealing is not up to much as it was intended for the japaneese market, is this likely to be true? it looks spotless underneath to me! what would be the best course of action [ Fife Scotland ] many thanks Bryan
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 20:08    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lynn Johnson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi coyletangles , I'm a great fan of Waxoyl and plenty of it I have used it on my trooper and and many other vehicles over the years ,I'm by the sea ( Peterhead ) and so far so good
Lynn
Breach

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:28    Post subject: Corrosion protection Reply with quote

Hello,
Another good product besides Wax Oil is Dynatrol it's expensive but kills any light rust as well as protects.
Martin
Monty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 14:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I would save the expense of undersealing. Waxes are good for boxed-in sections but don't provide much long-term protection to areas exposed to abrasion. Butyl or PVC applications are suitable but must be applied expertly because if adhesion is not perfect, water can creap in between the underseal and the sheet metal. If the crack is small, capillary action won't let it drain out, causing more of a corrosion problem than if you didn't do anything. It's probably cheaper and just as effective to give the underbody a good wash every time you wash the rest of the car.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: