2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Suggested speakers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daltonv6t

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 0:15    Post subject: Suggested speakers Reply with quote

Hi

I've just bought an 1996 v6 LWB Citation model.

The Clarion face off Radio cassette doesn't seem to work, so going to get a new one fitted at Halfords.

Any recommendations on upgrading speakers?

Not certain on the stereo i will go for £100 gets a Kenwood single disc fitted, or £160 gets a JVC CD Changer fitted or £200 gets a JVC DAB CD with DAB Aerial.....decisions...decisions!!!

Thanks in advance
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 0:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

stanners

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAB is not sufficiently developed yet to work well in anything but very expensive systems.

Having had my Bighorn for just under a month I have fitted a Clario Head Unit, which reads MP3s as well - this has the capacity to have a multiplayer fitted as well, which I will get done this year.

Re speakers - the backs are easy - Sony 4" 3-ways fit nicely and sound pretty good. For the front you have a few more probs - 6" are supposed to fit, but try finding 6" units - I fitted slightly larger JBL 2-way units and cut most of the mounting lugs off - there is still just room to fit them but you have to make new mounting holes - self tappers work very well.

Plug this in an it all sound good!!!!

Does anyone have any ideas re cheap GPS - to check the accuracy of the speedo - and SatNav?
mart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

stanners wrote:
DAB is not sufficiently developed yet to work well in anything but very expensive systems.

What!! DAB coverage is growing rapidly and makes no difference if you spend £200 on a cheap JVC or £1000 on a top end Alpine. DAB is excellent if you listen to the radio alot, only thing I would say is avoid usind an internal aerial for it as in weaker areas it will make a difference.
stanners

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the experience I have had of it - but i bow to your greater knowledge
Fleurdelyes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 15:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

stanners wrote:

Having had my Bighorn for just under a month I have fitted a Clario Head Unit, which reads MP3s as well - this has the capacity to have a multiplayer fitted as well, which I will get done this year.

Re speakers - the backs are easy - Sony 4" 3-ways fit nicely and sound pretty good. For the front you have a few more probs - 6" are supposed to fit, but try finding 6" units - I fitted slightly larger JBL 2-way units and cut most of the mounting lugs off - there is still just room to fit them but you have to make new mounting holes - self tappers work very well.

Plug this in an it all sound good!!!!

Does anyone have any ideas re cheap GPS - to check the accuracy of the speedo - and SatNav?

Hi,
What you need is to change your mobile phone for a new mobile that will take the Tom Tom software. This will then work with a new memory card (256 mb ) and a receiver ( blutooth BT GPS about 53 quid ) to give you a mobile that you can use to show you the way and take calls. You can get the phone on a tariff that is free and then a monthly rate. A Nokia 6680 does the job for me . Wink
jjcymru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

where can i get the software from? Cheap Wink
rabbitt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

id buy a magazeen ie max power or of the likes

ive picked up some right bargins out of thoose in my time , you will also be able to find component speakers and odd ball sizes

from personal experience JBL are a good range.
Philp

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread from the dead! I stuck some Clarion two ways in the fronts and a pair of old Alpines I had kicking around in the back, they sound much better than the old dry rotted el cheapo originals. They run off a newish JVC head unit that will also play MP3's.

My Chevy is getting a Resonant Engineering RE8 8" sub powered by an Alpine mono amp under the seat and the existing JBL 3 way 6x9's in the doors will be amped off a Mac Attack 4 way amp until I can afford a decent set of components and the time to make some door pods for them. Probably pushing out around 7-800 watts all told. I am a moderator on a big car audio forum so have had some good advice from people that compete in car audio competitions. All this was sourced used for a reasonable price.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
nightbusker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you've read my upgrade below. If you are pc-literate and you use MP3's then I'd seriously consider a unit with a USB slot that reads memory cards etc. Far better than cutting MP3 CD's. I have 4 memory sticks in the car that contain just about every style and quantity of music I desire. I might even stick a WD Passport drive in the glovebox and put nearly all my driving music on it. CD's are dead now (for me at least), and with 192-320k MP3's I certainly can't detect the difference..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: