QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

OIL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coyletangles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 20:41    Post subject: OIL Reply with quote

I have recently accquired a 92 Bighorn 3.1td which I use mainly for towing horses, can anyone reccomend a good quailty medium priced oil to help protect the engine or will a bog standard turbo diesel oil do? any advice gratefully received Many thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 20:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lossie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course a bog standard TD oil wil will do fine but it would be hard for me to recommend one as it is always the best idea to use the very best oil you can afford.

After all, oil is the engine's blood and you woulnt ask a doctor to put 'bog standard' blood into you, would you?

A very good synthetic oil change will cost less than a tank of fuel and should last you may 1000's of miles with extra peace of mind assured.

Matt
GRIFF

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 11:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi lossie. coyletangles
i find one of the most practical and reasonably priced oils on the market today is castrol magnatex diesel!! this will give you more than enough protection between oil changes it's just not worth buying cheap grade oils these days when theres so many good quality grade oil's about hope you find what your looking for!!

happy motoring
apf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 15:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lossie & Griff,

How many ‘thousands of miles’ between changes? The handbook says 4500 but it sounds as though with the oils you use it’s longer.
GRIFF

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi .
apf no i always try and change my oil/service's at around 4,000 miles just for ease of mind and gives me a satifaction of keeping it well maintained and on top of any minor probs that might raise it's head!!

cheers

Dave Griff
gutterrat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 14:21    Post subject: Oil Reply with quote

I have recently used Castrol Turbo diesel Oil in my 3.1 engine. I was a bit unsure about what to use so called the Castrol Technical Lab. They were very helpful and will give any advice you need about lubricants for any engine. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: