All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Transmission problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dai990

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:36    Post subject: Transmission problems Reply with quote

Can anyone help? My Trooper Bighorn 3.1D auto will no longer go into 4th gear. It changes through the box but refuses to go into 4th. The speedometer has also stopped working at the same time. I was told that it could be the speedo drive - so I have swapped this (secondhand part mind from internet dismantler). No change. Speedo still not working and still not going into 4th gear. Any ideas?

DAI990
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

dai990

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:51    Post subject: Progress?? Reply with quote

Still not got problem solved. Checked speedo drive sensor not that. Checked pulse sensor on top of gearbox - not that. Checked all wiring to speedometer itself - nothing! Guy at garage reckond could be the speedo head itself - have a spare (I think). Will fit this and see!
siweb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

you got any check engine or check trans light showing?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

No lights showing at all. Also, all fuses checked etc. Guy at garage reckons must be the speedo head. Am going to try this tomorrow.
David.
siweb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure but I think the bighorn is all done via electronics. so theys no speedo cable only wires. i'll go and check. what year is yours?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

The spare auto gearbox i have in the sheds has not speed cable on it, Grandad he'll know for sure.
dai990

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:42    Post subject: Transmission Reply with quote

Definately no speedo cable - all electronic. Apparently the speedo head will send a pulse out and that causes gear change into 4th. If speedo head not working then no pulse - hence no top gear.
David.
dai990

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

problem now sorted.  Speedo head gone so needed to change instrument binacle and that was that!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: